250 RF Project was Sold before I Started

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

randya

Meat Mopper
Original poster
SMF Premier Member
Been a while since I posted any builds. Wanted to post and share my first every smoker build for someone else.  Was contacted by someone who wanted to purchase a 250 RF I built and sold.  I was asked if I would build one for him.  Below are pictures of that build as it unfolded hope you like.

This is a reverse somker with a grill setup in the fire box too.  I built a grill storage rack on the side of the tank to place it when you are smoking and not grilling.

By the way, he sold if 3 weeks after I built it????

Built trailer first.

42fdf158_IMG_20110309_154348.jpg

Got a hold of great tanks for this one!

b13691b5_IMG_20110311_122009.jpg

Set set tank and firebox before the axle and was on the way.

2de4b521_Fireboxattached.jpg

Cut the doors and set up the reverse plates.

d83fd5be_IMG_20110330_125850.jpg

3b072eb4_IMG_20110426_122705.jpg

Wood Rack and spare Tire Holder.

a9d3cd37_IMG_20110517_115442.jpg

Two racks per side.

a6dbe674__DSC7314.jpg

Firebox & Grill.

4d279da5__DSC7315.jpg

Completed project.

4c21152c__DSC7275.jpg

The loops on the tank and under the trailer on the right are for strapping coolers and cook equipment if needed.

I did the same on the other side.

Thia was a fun build!

Wow, that is a great looking build!. I am about to start my first 250 rf build and am kinda stumped on the weight ratio in relation to the axle. I read somewhere where its 60/40 with 60 being in front of the axle? I cant really tell by looking at yours.

Last edited:
Very nice, i'm impressed. Since you are a fellow RF guy, can you tell me how large the gap between the end of your baffle plate and smoke chamber end is?  I didnt think about it before welding mine in and now i'm concerned my baffle plate is not long enough.  Thanks

Very nice, i'm impressed. Since you are a fellow RF guy, can you tell me how large the gap between the end of your baffle plate and smoke chamber end is?  I didnt think about it before welding mine in and now i'm concerned my baffle plate is not long enough.  Thanks
It was 10 inches from the end of the plate to the end of the tank. Hope this helps. Good luck on your build.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky