24x38 tribute smoker

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

shannonc

Smoke Blower
Original poster
Mar 5, 2017
Central Tx.
My stepdad has been asking me for a couple years now when Ixm going to build him a smoker. So noe is the time. Its a 24" 3/8ths pipe cook chamber and firebox. The main chamber is 38" and firebox is 24x24 pipe. He's an Army vet so I'm going to incorperate some special things into this build. I'm undecided if I want to make it a reverse flow or standard offset. Whats ya'lls opinion? I'm leaning toward reverse flow. Here where I ended the day today.
20201106_165908.jpg 20201106_175731.jpg 20201106_175756.jpg

Nice! What was his MOS?

Maybe incorporate his branch insignia, Regimental Crest, or rank into the design.

Reactions: shannonc
You'r making good progress. Do you have a finished date, in mind?

Looking forward to seeing smoke coming from the stack.
Hoping to finish it by the end of this weekend. Guess I shouldve put this in the side firebox section. I thought I was going to do a reverse flow but changed my mind at the last minute.

Reactions: one eyed jack
I'm going to move this thread over to the side fire box section. Be sure to go over there for the rest of the updates on this build. I'm going to post some updates later today, so be sure to check it out in the side fire box section.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky