1st Time Venison smoke

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

912smoker

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Nov 29, 2020
Statesboro Ga
Had fresh backstrap and tenderloin in the freezer, a little time and fuel so thought I'd give it a go. Rubbed the meat with SPG then practiced on my bacon wrapping,,,,and obviously need more practice ! Dusted the bacon with Meat Church Honey Bacon rub and set temp at 250. Left them alone for 1 1/2 hrs and IT was at 130. Was not satisfied with the texture of the bacon so bumpted the temp up to 400. Turned them a couple of times and they turned out better than expected. Bacon had a good bite and venison was med rare and juicy. Sorry still working on my pic skills too !

Attachments

• Bacon wrapped smoked venison.jpg
    Bacon wrapped smoked venison.jpg
    207.8 KB · Views: 36
  • BWSV 2.jpg
    BWSV 2.jpg
    115.2 KB · Views: 38
  • BWSV 3.jpg
    BWSV 3.jpg
    162.4 KB · Views: 44
  • BWSV 4.jpg
    BWSV 4.jpg
    103.3 KB · Views: 45
Looks like it turned out awesome! Nice job!

Ryan

Looks tasty from here. Love the bacon color and wrap. Looks like it crisped up nice

Looks tasty from here. Love the bacon color and wrap. Looks like it crisped up nice
Thanks . The Honey Bacon rub gave it a great color and extra flavor. Cranking up the heat at the end really helped with the texture also

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky