1st So Cal Gathering - 10/5-10-7 Updated info 9/7

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

scarbelly

Gone but not forgotten. RIP
Original poster
OTBS Member
Jul 26, 2009
So Cal Smokers Gathering  10/5-10/7 2012

Location Lake Skinner

http://www.rivcoparks.org/parks/lake-skinner/lake-skinner-home/

The Splashpad (water playground)  is open for the kids from 10-6. There are some great bicycle paths (helmets are required)  and lots of grassy areas close to the campsites.

There is a fully stocked convenience store on site and  boat rental for fishing.

The Temecula Kennel Club is also hosting a puppy match with judges on the 6[sup]th[/sup].

I will be arriving on Friday afternoon and  will have some appetizers ready for anyone arriving on Friday. I have reserved 2 sites with a large area between them so that others can bring tables and chairs and join us for the festivities.

Camping is $30 per night and reservations are required. There is also a $7 reservation fee collected by Riverside County. 

Day use hours are 6AM to sunset and the fee is $6 per carload.

We will be doing a couple of demos and will be smoking something (undecided at this point)  for dinner on Saturday. We would like to have folks bring some side dishes and desserts.

If anyone would be willing  to do a demo of their specialty please let me know and I can put together a schedule or list so folks can plan.   I will most likely be doing a fresh mozzarella making demo with plenty of samples.

Please contact me via a PM if you are interested in attending or you can also post in this thread in our So Cal Smokers Group

Aaron and I hope to see as many of you out there as possible

Gary

Last edited:
Thats Awesome Gary. I hope its a success. Not sure I can make it because thats right around my Anniversary.

So Cal Smokers Gathering  10/5-10/7 2012

Location Lake Skinner

http://www.rivcoparks.org/parks/lake-skinner/lake-skinner-home/

The Splashpad (water playground)  is open for the kids from 10-6. There are some great bicycle paths (helmets are required)  and lots of grassy areas close to the campsites.

There is a fully stocked convenience store on site and  boat rental for fishing.

The Temecula Kennel Club is also hosting a puppy match with judges on the 6[sup]th[/sup].

I will be arriving on Friday afternoon and  will have some appetizers ready for anyone arriving on Friday. I have reserved 2 sites with a large area between them so that others can bring tables and chairs and join us for the festivities.

Camping is $30 per night and reservations are required. There is also a $7 reservation fee collected by Riverside County. 

Day use hours are 6AM to sunset and the fee is $6 per carload.

We will be doing a couple of demos and will be smoking something (undecided at this point)  for dinner on Saturday. We would like to have folks bring some side dishes and desserts.

If anyone would be willing  to do a demo of their specialty please let me know and I can put together a schedule or list so folks can plan.   I will most likely be doing a fresh mozzarella making demo with plenty of samples.

Please contact me via a PM if you are interested in attending or you can also post in this thread in our So Cal Smokers Group

Aaron and I hope to see as many of you out there as possible

Gary
Sounds like a good time - that's about an hour away from me. However, I work on the weekends so I'm not sure if I could make it. I'll let you know if I can closer to the date.

I am moving back to So Cal at the start of next year and would love to go to an event like this!

Have a great time everyone.

Finally got the email back from Riverside Parks and Rec confirming Aaron's and my sites 

I will be in site 330 from Friday - Sunday and Aaron will be in 329 Saturday and Sunday. There is a large open space between the campsites that we can use as a common area.

The best sites adjacent to us would be 345-346-347-348 but anything in that area is going to be close.  The restrooms are only a few campsites away from us. 

We will do a group dinner on Saturday for anyone who is around. I will supply TriTip for the meal and would like to have others bring some sides and desserts.

Please let me know what you can bring. We may add some other main items as we get closer.

I will be bringing my plow disc wok for cooking eggs etc in the morning and will be roasting up a bunch of coffee beans for morning coffee

Anyone willing to do a demo please let me know.  We will publish more info the closer we get.  Right now we have about 10 for Saturday

Please remember this is also a family event so bring the wives and kids too. We just need a head count   

Also - for anyone that wants to come but not camp, the lake is 10 minutes from Temecula and the wine country

Here is a link to hotels

http://www.tripadvisor.com/SmartDeals-g33165-Temecula_California-Hotel-Deals.html

Last edited:
Aaron has committed to  a demo on trimming a brisket  and I will be happy to do some smoked mozzarella and chipotle nuts. 

One of our members is going to rent a boat on Sunday to do some fishing and is wondering if anyone else is interested in sharing a boat with him 

Please let me know and I will get the two of you connected 

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky