1st Butt taking a long time?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
i just got back from the store getting some stuff we needed around rhe house. while we were there, i looked at the butts, and got a nice 10lb'er. i will smoking it in the morning, most likely. and, yes, i will be making fla jeff's finishing sauce.

If you cook or reheat anything in the micro wave just put it in a plastic bag and it will never dry out (unless you burn it)! I do all my ... dare I say the word? Veggies that way with a dab of butter and spices and neer have pans to clean up!

Als if you like baked potatoes it takes 5 minutes wrapped in a damp towel - then just rol it on the grill or in the over a bit to make the skin crunchy if you prefer it that way. Or butter the skin and roll it in kosher salt to make restaurant stylepotatoes.

Debi

HI Guys,
Thanks for al the tips. Just a quick update -- the butt came out great. For all the teasing about how long I was out there, the kids and even the wife couldn't believe how good the Q came out.

Thanks again.

Cheers.

Chris

Hmmmmmmmm Jeff-

There just may be something to that ... I took this picture on my way home from work tonight ....

I think it's a Tater-Stein

Look!

:shock:

Ranger, thanks for that link. I have read that one before, but some threads are even better the 2nd or 3rd time! Loads of awesome info in there, perhaps even sticky worthy!

For another option on reheating, do the zip-loc "Freezer" bag thing with your meat and then drop it into boiling water for a bit. The Freezer bags are thicker walled and can withstand the heat of the boiling water, cheap bags will not.

As for the thermometers, I do not think they are a problem. He used two thermometers in the same piece of meat and they were within 2 degrees of each other. The fact he used one in a fatty previously has no bearing on them showing the same in the same meat.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky