1st Brisket Help?!?!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Yes ,EST... 10a now and I just wrapped the small piece with apple juice.  The IT is still at 181 with the MES temp set at 200 since 8a. Bumped it back up to 210

Last edited:
That's interesting.  So cooking at 200 degrees gave no increase in temperature over 2 hours.  Ideally you would reach your intended temp at 2 pm and then rest for 2 hours.  So you have 4 hours to get there, if the IT doesn't start increasing soon I would bump up your smoker  back to 220.

Last edited:

That's interesting.  So cooking at 200 degrees gave no increase in temperature over 2 hours.  Ideally you would reach your intended temp at 2 pm and then rest for 2 hours.  So you have 4 hours to get there, if the IT doesn't start increasing soon I would bump up your smoker  back to 220.
Yea, if I don't see an increase at 11a, I'll bump it up again. This is actually fun.

the last packer I made was 13 lbs.injected with beef broth mixed with beefy onion soup and rubbed with SPOG. I didn't wrap it at all. it took 20 hrs at about 240 degrees and came out awesome. hands down it wa the best piece of meat I've ever cooked!

Last edited:
the last packer I made was 13 lbs.injected with beef broth mixed with beefy onion soup and rubbed with SPOG. I didn't wrap it at all. it took 20 hrs at about 240 degrees and came out awesome. hands down it wa the best piece of meat I've ever cooked!
Wow..NICE.  20 Hours at 240....See, so all smokes are not created equal. Looks good.

Harley is that temperature moving upward again?
Hey Aggie, Yes, I bumped up the temp more to 220 at about 11 and now back on target..maybe a touch early, but  It's at 188 now and should be ready to pull and wrap in a few.  Soon as I slice it I'll post more pics.

Last edited:
Looking good HB!    
drool.gif

I did the same as you, started at midnight.

Happy 4th!

Reactions: harleybike
Taste is what counts!  Best I can tell you're cutting it the right way, hard to tell from that picture, suppose to just cut it across the grain.  Thanks for letting me enjoy your brisket with you!

Last edited:
Reactions: harleybike

Taste is what counts!  Best I can tell you're cutting it the right way, hard to tell from that picture, suppose to just cut it across the grain.  Thanks for letting me enjoy your brisket with you!
Yea that is what I thought. Against the grain.  No...Thank you for the Help and tagging along.  Few more posts once I cut into the big pieces.  HAPPY Independence Day.
smilie_flagge13.gif

This has been a great thread to follow.

I'm doing a 7lber today and so far its looking to be one of my better smokes.I'm a huge experimenter and brined this one with a hint of OJ,cranberry juice and apple cider vinegar.Went for a super smoky flavor and used straight up mesquite for wood.Real basic Texas style rub.

Using my little 14,5" Weber today as its just the two of us this evening.

Harley happy independence day to you, and to you too redheeler.  Norman that sounds like it will be very tasty, I love experimenting and getting to see the results.  I just put together a mini WSM so will be very interested to see how you like cooking yours on your Weber.

Last edited:
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky