1946 General Electric Fridge/Smoker Update

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

corbylove

Fire Starter
Original poster
Aug 22, 2014
Chesterfield Michigan
Well I have the majority of the fridge build and recorded on video but I can't afford the door seal at the moment. I'm On social security due to my diabetes and they are taking $250 away a month for my premiums, which leaves me with about$850 a month to live on and I have already explained to my kids that Christmas will be weak this year and they said "we understand we just want to be with you".

Made This 40 year old dad of 3 and granddad of 2 break down in years.

Ok So my real question is that I made a cold smoke generator much like smoke daddy.

Where Should I attach it to the fridge? Same Side as air inlet, or outdoor side of AI. Now I have incased my PID in the freezer box that was in the fridge and I want to attach that to the side of the fridge also.

Do You think it would be ok installing CSG under the PID on non fresh air intake side?

Now I'm Kind of mumbling and dragging on here (in allot of pain this week) and I would greatly appreciate and help or knowledge three persons on this site may offer.

Thanks Corby

Last edited:
Corby,

What kind of gasket were you looking for and how much?

I have about 20' of 5/8" high temp rope gasket, I'd be willing to send you what you need if you pay shipping.

Regards

Mike

I know i need at least 1/2 and like 15 feet of it. That would be awesome how much is shipping Im in Michigan North of Detroit. I would be appreciative more than you know. 

Chris

Fridge is still where I left it.
A lot of family drama stuff has come up and the snow has fallen along with the temperatures.

Im hoping to get it working and functional in about two weeks.

I got allot of work done on the fridge build, almost done actually. Getting ready to season it shortly as soon as the weather up here in Michigan cooperates.

Then gonna run some temp test to be sure it is where it says Its at then run some ribs thru it.

S couple buddies over on my Twitchtv gaming channel donated me a thermo pro tp 08 and a camera so I can start my new YouTube coming channel of right.

Sorry it's been a bit since I updated.

Corby

Just wondering how can I post the links for the refrigerator smoker conversion I did? They are on my YouTube channel and I don't want to post the wrong things here. Any help would be greatly appreciated

On U-tube...    click on "share"...  then "imbed".....  directly above is a "piece of film" looking thing....   it says, "insert video"...  click on that and "copy and paste" the "imbed" code... 

I think that will do it...... 

Well I hope this is the correct way to share. I finally got the fridge converted with quite a bit off help from the community here. Here's part 1.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky