1200$ budget

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
However, several people have told me that the smaller Rec Tec is just not at the level of the RT700. Any thoughts, expertise and assistance would be appreciated.
The only way that would hold true is if you owned or had the chance to cook on both. I am a 590 owner and would venture to "guess" that it is just as good as the 700 " but" I have no real life experience with the Bull. I personally just did not need the extra 6" for $400 more. Granted there is an extra year warranty on the Bull. Can't go wrong with either IMO.

Reactions: SecondHandSmoker
Green Mountains usually perform pretty well. What are the issues with the one you have?
Too many to name. And its out of warranty and would cost too much to fix, at this point. And thats assuming it was reliable, which it never has been for long. I may have gotten a lemon, don't want to be unnecessarily negative about the company. They were very responsive when it was under warranty, but that's long past now. And problems may be something associated with grills in that price range, which is why I wanted to move up to a more expensive, better quality grill with a great, long term reputation like REcTec.

Reactions: sandyut
I can answer that. I have a GM D Boone. I've always had trouble controlling temperature and the auger is growling quite a bit. These are the main reasons I'm getting a CC Woodwind.

The Bull is here.!! Came in a couple days ago..it was great to see the packaging on a pallet all shrink wrapped. Did the burn in for seasoning and went straight to the grill for some chicken thighs and few burgers. I have to say that I love this thing after the first time. It was love at first bite! Can't wait to get home today to put something else on. Thanks guys for your thoughts and opinions. I'm sure that there are other smokers) grills out there that do a good job but I can see what the rage is about the Bull
IMG_20210513_141414228_HDR.jpg
IMG_20210513_141414228_HDR.jpg
IMG_20210513_193844946.jpg
IMG_20210513_201206180.jpg

Reactions: SecondHandSmoker
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky