1,000 Gallon Smoker

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
I normally cook at 275 and have it within 25 degrees front to back. I had a guy borrow it who cooked at 225 and had it within 10. I think I can get it closer at 275 if I play with the exhaust a little more.

That is seriously impressive. Man, all you need is a propeller and a couple of torpedo tubes on that thing, and you'd have the first submarine in the Republic of Texas Navy. 

This thread continues to impress.. Not only is the build quality over the top! ...... But clearly you know how to use it once the project was completed.
Nicely done b

Wow.....I don't even know what else to say.  Hopefully you are selling a ton of food.  Points on the mother of all builds!

Looks amazing man!  Awesome job.  Have you taken it to the Cat Scales?  I'm curious what that behemoth weighs.

I ended up using almost all of 2 250 gallon tanks.  One for my firebox (insulated) and one for the cook chamber.  I was getting nervous about the trailer axle (it was super old) so I picked up a new 2000 LB axle and I feel much better now.  I think I'm probably weighing in around 1,400 with everything loaded up and ready to rock.

Last edited:
Looks amazing man!  Awesome job.  Have you taken it to the Cat Scales?  I'm curious what that behemoth weighs.

I ended up using almost all of 2 250 gallon tanks.  One for my firebox (insulated) and one for the cook chamber.  I was getting nervous about the trailer axle (it was super old) so I picked up a new 2000 LB axle and I feel much better now.  I think I'm probably weighing in around 1,400 with everything loaded up and ready to rock.

I would like to, I'm guessing around 3500lbs.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky