• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Recent content by Smoke N Char

  1. Smoke N Char

    Smoked and Seared Tri Tip

    fruity like apple and cherry but stronger
  2. Smoke N Char

    Smoked and Seared Tri Tip

    I made a smoked and seared Tri Tip. About 2 lbs. Rubbed and smoked with grape wood at 275-295* for about an hour until 130* IT. Then sear on the cast iron grill grates until 145* (roughly 4-5 mins a side). Enjoy
  3. Smoke N Char

    Baby back keep drying out ?

    This is my method. 4 or 4.5 hrs at those temps. No foil. Then char on the grill with some sauce.
  4. Smoke N Char

    Secret Ingredient for Launching Pizzas

    Some of the best pizzas I have made. Rice flour is my new staple. The flour makes any novice function more like a pro.
  5. Smoke N Char

    Secret Ingredient for Launching Pizzas

    Tried with 65% hudration. Left it on the peel for a long time. No issues. Rice flour is the gold standard for peel flour.
  6. Smoke N Char

    Happy 4th / 250th anniversary! Reverse sear smoke and char ribs.

    In California too. Everything seems like at least a dollar more here.
  7. Smoke N Char

    Happy 4th / 250th anniversary! Reverse sear smoke and char ribs.

    Thank you! I thought they were back ribs! They sold them for 2.75 a lb as St. Louis cut. I picked up 5 racks because they looked lean like back ribs to me. Thanks for confirming.
  8. Smoke N Char

    Happy 4th / 250th anniversary! Reverse sear smoke and char ribs.

    Happy 4th to all! I am grateful and thankful for our freedom, and the ability to share my Independence Day meal. First, I had 3 racks of St Louis cut spare ribs at about 3lbs a rack. I removed the membrane on the back. Second, a nice rub. I used a Disney rub recipe and left out the salt...
  9. Smoke N Char

    Secret Ingredient for Launching Pizzas

    It has come to my attention recently that RICE FLOUR is used in some parts of Naples on the board. Today, I tried some rice flour. Wow! What a difference! I stretched the pie with RF and let it sit on the counter for some time. it still had no problems on the peel, and it was the easiest...
  10. Smoke N Char

    Pulled Pork Smashed Burgers?

    Anyone ever seen this before? I have used ground beef and pulled pork to create patties, but I have never done just the pork. I figured it is worth sharing. Credit: MaxtheMeatGuy
  11. Smoke N Char

    Pork Leftovers

    I had some pulled pork leftovers from my wife. No, it wasn't mine, and no, it was not smoked. However, I made the best of it, and I made some sandwiches and pizzas that were still pretty good. First, a pulled pork sandwich with some Hawaiian Ube coconut rolls, homemade coleslaw, pickled onions...
  12. Smoke N Char

    Gas Prices???

    Same. Picked up my model Y on Feb 14. It has ruined other cars for me. The single pedal driving, FSD, and charge at home is really irreplaceable to me. I feel like 0.24 cents a KWH is a rip off sometimes, but significantly cheaper than gas.
  13. Smoke N Char

    Turkey Burgers

    Mine were frozen section. I cheated but they we’re still really good.
  14. Smoke N Char

    Turkey Burgers

    Premade and frozen. Shockingly easy 10 min cook on a weekday night. They were preseasoned but in reality the toppings carry the strong flavor. Toasted buns made it as well. Wife and I loved them. Definitely making again
  15. Smoke N Char

    Turkey Burgers

    I grilled some Butterball turkey burgers tonight. They were seared on cast iron grates at about 600 degrees. The burgers were made with: -caramelized onions in white wine -Boursin cheese spread on the toasted buns -arugula -balsamic reduction Grilled corn on the side of course. Bonus: My...
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top
Clicky