• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Recent content by fxsales1959

  1. fxsales1959

    Labor day short ribs

    It's been awhile, Labor Day short ribs on WSM. 4 bone piece bought locally at Latin meat market.SPG dry brine. 9 hours with Cowboy briquettes and hickory chunks
  2. fxsales1959

    Anyone hungry for Biscuits and Sausage Gravy?

    i just started doing the "flour on top method by "suggestion" of he the missus. I always used to make a"gravy" then add the sausage. your way (this way) is much easier and foolproof
  3. fxsales1959

    15th Annual South Florida Gathering 2026 (12/11-12/12 Now Making Reservations )

    Ican't do axles because:1 I don't know how and2: due to stroke i am unable to manuever heavy things
  4. fxsales1959

    15th Annual South Florida Gathering 2026 (12/11-12/12 Now Making Reservations )

    We're booked site 10. Thursday-Sunday. One guest, my doctor, booked site 6.
  5. fxsales1959

    15th Annual South Florida Gathering 2026 (12/11-12/12 Now Making Reservations )

    Ok a bit behind here. work has been cray-cray. I will be traveling around the SE the WHOLE Month of September. I made a reservation this morning. Site 10 Thursday in Sunday out. Still have to get axles serviced on trailer. If "stuff" happens I'll just eat the reservation fee. not concerned...
  6. fxsales1959

    15th Annual South Florida Gathering 2026 (12/11-12/12 Now Making Reservations )

    Been absent due to overwhelming work load. is there a"final" consensus? IMHO the DH ranger would make us stay away... could ask doc for a couple doses of Valium though.
  7. fxsales1959

    What TV Streamer do you use???

    Not sure how to answer, or the exact question. We have Dish for programming, (4 TVS, they did install). however, in the winter I pulled CAT-XX cable from my main unit in my office, through the attic and down to the living room. There I have a 8 port hub to feed all the crap in my entertainment...
  8. fxsales1959

    Publix rib sale.

    check your sales papers if you have Publix. They have their unbranded Publix St Louis and baby backs on Bogo. They are frozen, so you can't feel them up. I got two nice thick slabs for $20.00 YMMV John3
  9. fxsales1959

    New kettle

    Took hard-headed me awhile to be convinced by the gang here that the Kettle was the way to go. Glad I did it. just dropped some coin on a "forever grate" and basket by SNS and hunsaker upgrade posted above.
  10. fxsales1959

    a "little" kettle upgrade

    just few years ago I always said "I've got a WSM and that's all I need. Then I started hanging our here. Finally broke down and got a 22" Kettle. didn't take long to figure out I need grate with hinged edges. I am the ultimate tightwad, so I bought a knockoff grate with hinges off of amazon. it...
  11. fxsales1959

    With A Heavy Heart And Sad Post!

    Thank you for letting us know. RIP smoking brother
  12. fxsales1959

    Strong coffee

    I (we) are lazy and relegated to the Keurig. We used to just shop for BOGO pods and liked Hortons and Genevalia. Recently discovered at Sam's Club: Columbian Supremo medium/dark. 100 count box for $32.00 = $.32 a cup. best part is, I order it online and pull up and they bring it to the car...
  13. fxsales1959

    Garlic Butter Crawfish Boil, aka Land Lock Lobsters

    Lordy... that dinner would be 1/2 a paycheck down here.. IF I could find it here.
  14. fxsales1959

    Meat slicer recommendations

    I bought the LEM Mighty bite slicer over 5 years ago. I can't remember what I paid. it has worked flawlessly in it's life (edit) my only regret with the 8.5" is that the"sweep" is short, meaning I can't cut a full smoked pork belly without halving it. . link following is all I could find on...
  15. fxsales1959

    I intended on making party ribs.

    Hey John, we have Aldi's, but have never been my first choice for shopping. Might have to swing thru and take some bags with me next time.
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top
Clicky