Worcestershire Powder

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Smoking COB

Original poster
Dec 5, 2021
Not new to smoking, but tryin to UP my game. I want to try adding some Worcestershire powder to my Dalmatian rub. What ratio of Worcestershire powder Should I use with a 1:1 Salt & Pepper

I get my Worcestershire powder from Firehouse Flavors (formerly Firehouse Pantry)

Made in the USA local mom and pop shop

Usage: This is a concentrated powder, so usage is less than with liquid Worcestershire sauce:
  • Dry Usage: To convert a recipe that calls for liquid Worcestershire Sauce to dry, substitute 20% the amount (by weight) of Worcestershire Sauce Powder.
  • Liquid Usage: Use this reconstitution recipe (by weight): 20% Worcestershire Sauce Powder + 30% Vinegar + 50% Water.
Boykjo

Cool, I never even heard of that!
Will look into it, sounds like something I would use a lot!
Al

Yup, I got some Worcestershire Powder a couple years ago from "Spice Jungle".
I was going to use it in the Vac Packs for my Sous Vide, but then chopsaw chopsaw tipped me off about Lipton's "Beefy Onion" instead.

Bear

Reactions: chopsaw
Tatawnka dust by Owens BBQ has a fair amount of W dust in it. Very good on beef. My go to steak seasoning is salt, cracked black pepper and Worcestershire, pinch of cayenne

RG

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky