Who's Smoking for Christmas?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

What are you smoking for Christmas Eats

• Rib Roast

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Ham

• Turkey

• Brisket

• Ribs

• Other - please describe

• I ain't smokin' nuthin'

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
not smoking this Christmas..spent all my money on gifts and aint got a dime left for a hunk of meat lol..moms cooking a Kentucky Legend ham in the oven and that's always good.

Wow...lots of prime ribs. Not smoking anything here, although I've had beef jerky going past two days for gifts. We'll be cooking two ducks in the oven (I really want to smoke one, but ain't happenin') on Xmas Eve and in-laws making a beef tenderloin on Xmas.

Just add me to the list of "Prime Rib"......lol
icon_mrgreen.gif

Heading up to the mountains to be with my Mom, Brother & Sister-in-law. My Mom does most of the cooking but the day after Christmas I'll be using my chile grill & will be turning them all onto some ABTs.

Going to the inlaws so whatever I'm having for Christmas, I know it'll be dry and overcooked. Otherwise I 've been busy smoking for everyone else. So far 2 maple bourbon hams, 2 turkeys today and 2 more tomorrow. Also have 8 lbs of CB to smoke and 10 gallons of wine to bottle. I might have 4-6 more turkeys for new years eve and a couple hams or pork shoulders the next day. I'd be a rich man if everyone who I smoked goodies for would either quit paying me in front of my wife or dropping off the cash while I'm at work and she's at home. That Wife Sales Tax sure is killer!
Greg

Ribs for the 6 of us on Christmas Eve

12# about Brisket and a 6-8# ham for the 22 or so of us on Sunday

Christmas day french toast and bacon for brunch then an oven baked Rib roast at my ex-wifes home for dinner. Gotta love that she still call me to ask how long, what temperature and what do I season it with....

For sides on Sunday (our Christmas dinner) twice baked mashed potatoes with my pulled pork,cream, butter and lots of cheese..corn casserole, squash, beans, rolls.

The ham is being cooked to death by our daughter and I have been instructed by the wife to smoke a turkey for she says she wants something eatable to eat. I told her I would cook (smoke) the whole meal cause our daughter just had a baby ( our 10th grandkid) this past monday. But she wants to cook the ham and she wants me to like it. She is scared that I would like her cooking but the chef dad guy will eat alot of ham while everyone else gets the turkey. Wish me luck.

here is the start of my Christmas eve ham
15# bone in Amish ham
I have it rubbbed and coated with honey/rum mixture.
It is resting in the fridge over night and I will smoke it over apple wood
tomorrow afternoon for our Christmas eve party.

That right there is what I'm Talking about uncle_ lar. looks Great.

Well it is going to snow here Christmas Eve but I am still going to smoke some prime rib-baby backs-and a big ole ham. Parked the smoker close to the house so let it snow. Happy Holidays
Hawgeye

We have potluck both days; for tomorrow it is my mother in laws family and their trying for the first time potluck soup (gonna be alot of soup there) with ham for sandwiches, we are bringing white pheasant chili and homemade chicken noodle.
The next day is potluck with the father in laws family, we are bringing three smoked buffalo roasts (prime rib flavored).

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky