Who likes the McRib sandwich from McDonald's?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
I just saw this great video from Fox on the McRib and what's really in it (70 ingredients)..... When I saw it, I immediately thought of this thread. Pretty funny and not for the faint of heart but it sure wont sway me and my taste buds!

Here is the link.

Last edited:
Just had 2 of these things on the second last day of my power outage-----I still like them. LOL

And they still make the best fries.

Bear

Haven't had one of those in years.. I don't remember if I liked them the last time I ate one so I'm gonna try it again. I will admit that the older I get, the less I like McD's. of course I am more of a "cook at home and you know what's in the food" kind of guy.

I'm gonna try one this week none the less just to say I did it.. no better reason
biggrin.gif

This makes it sound so much more appealing!

http://blog.sfgate.com/hleon/2011/1...h-and-a-yoga-mat-what-do-they-have-in-common/

"Let’s look at the pork patty; it’s actually characterized as a “restructured meat product.” This tends to be comprised of pig heart, scalded stomach and tripe. When cooked together with salt and water, proteins are extracted and act as a form of “glue” that helps keep the reshaped “rib” meat together."

Well considering I use to eat pig brains and eggs with my FIL while he was still alive (they're actually quite tasty), I'm not turned off by weird body parts.. I am more worried about the cleanliness of the folks in the kitchen doing the cooking.

Reminds me of a little McDonalds that I worked at for all of 2 weeks when I was in college.. saw a gal drop a bun into her cleavage, retrieved it, looked around to see if anyone noticed and proceeded to continue making the sandwich
biggrin.gif

Then there was the patties in the warmers that were only supposed to stay in there for 40 minutes (if memory serves me right) and they kept resetting the time to 0 so who knows how long they had actually been in the warmer.

These are the things that bother me much more than the actual ingredients..

Needless to say, I quit and went to work at a local manufacturing shop where I got to play with sheet metal and diesel fuel and big machines.. much more fun!

Anyone for some McDonalds tonight?
icon_mrgreen.gif

I agree with you Jeff.  I was in the restaurant biz for 25 years.  Never fast food, though.  The things I witnessed in all those years are the reason it is so hard to get me to go out to eat.  When they started hiring non-English speaking people from Haiti down here, it got a lot worse.

One situation haunts me to this day.  While working at a country club, so many times I would be on the butcher block cutting chicken.  It was right around the corner from the salad/sandwich station.  The girl working it would misplace her knife, and needed to cut a cold sandwich in half to serve it.  She would come over and grab my raw chicken coated boning knife and cut the sandwich. 

I would try and tell her she could not do that because of the bacteria in the raw chicken.  But unfortunately the mindset of people from third world countries thinks I am telling her she can't take my knife.  Then I would get screamed at with, "You no my boss!  You no tell me what to do!"

Scary stuff happens in so many kitchens!

Last edited:
I had another McRib meal last night I don't know what's in them and don't want to but I still like them

I agree with you Jeff.  I was in the restaurant biz for 25 years.  Never fast food, though.  The things I witnessed in all those years are the reason it is so hard to get me to go out to eat.  When they started hiring non-English speaking people from Haiti down here, it got a lot worse.

One situation haunts me to this day.  While working at a country club, so many times I would be on the butcher block cutting chicken.  It was right around the corner from the salad/sandwich station.  The girl working it would misplace her knife, and needed to cut a cold sandwich in half to serve it.  She would come over and grab my raw chicken coated boning knife and cut the sandwich. 

I would try and tell her she could not do that because of the bacteria in the raw chicken.  But unfortunately the mindset of people from third world countries thinks I am telling her she can't take my knife.  Then I would get screamed at with, "You no my boss!  You no tell me what to do!"

Scary stuff happens in so many kitchens!
Wow makes you wonder about eating out!

OK I had my first McRib sandwich today at lunch. I'm sorry but I thought it was just about the most disgusting thing I've ever put in my mouth. It tasted like nothing more than bad BBQ sauce and pickles, and the "pork" itself had a bizarre, mushy consistency that was reminiscent of no food that I have ever eaten. Never again!

Wow makes you wonder about eating out!

OK I had my first McRib sandwich today at lunch. I'm sorry but I thought it was just about the most disgusting thing I've ever put in my mouth. It tasted like nothing more than bad BBQ sauce and pickles, and the "pork" itself had a bizarre, mushy consistency that was reminiscent of no food that I have ever eaten. Never again!

Read the book Fast Food Nation and you'll never step foot in a fast food "restaurant" again. 

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky