What's the deal with flies ?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
My neighbor keeps a fly trap outside his barn and says the bait stinks to high heaven. I was thinking of putting one inside the barn outside my shop/barn kitchen and he told me I do not want it anywhere near my shop area.

Here's the best fly trap known to man. Just sit your beer down to get the Kettle ready to reverse sear a ribeye and you can catch a bunch in a short time.

" Waiter, waiter ............ what's this fly doing in my beer ? "

Waiter says, " I don't know, looks like the back stroke to me "

Fly in my Beer.jpg
Fly in my Beer 2.jpg

Reactions: BigW. and 02ebz06
My neighbor keeps a fly trap outside his barn and says the bait stinks to high heaven. I was thinking of putting one inside the barn outside my shop/barn kitchen and he told me I do not want it anywhere near my shop area.
The fly magnet I posted on page 1 will give you a surprise gag if you aren't paying attention and get within a couple feet of it.

These are really effective hung around the property. Hang them out of reach of kids:
81wL91ggRML.jpg
81CFV9JYt6L.jpg

Wife bought a couple of these $28 delivered from Amazon. Sounds like hitting a side of beef with a canoe paddle when it takes down a fly or ‘skeeto. Very effective.

Reactions: 02ebz06
I have been using this indoors for fruit flies but it seems to be pretty good for regular flies as well.

3-1 ratio of water to honey. No smell.

It is not quite as fancy as Smokin Okie Smokin Okie has going on but it works.

honey_fly_trap.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: Smokin Okie
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky