Temperature Problema

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

LeoBrBbq

Original poster
Nov 2, 2023
Hello Guys…

I’m a newbie owner of a pit boss 6 pro series… vertical and I’m trying to smoke some things, but I’m facin problems with the temp…..

I set for 175°, the smoker turns on, fecha that temp and remains for at least one hour… all of the sudden the smoker goes wild…. Variating between 100 and 400…

I don’t now what to do here… I think it’s the pellets…. As per attached photo, this is what’s going on on firebox….

Can u guys help me out here?

Attachments

• IMG_6660.jpeg
    IMG_6660.jpeg
    324.8 KB · Views: 34
  • IMG_6661.jpeg
    IMG_6661.jpeg
    367.6 KB · Views: 35
  • IMG_6662.jpeg
    IMG_6662.jpeg
    174.6 KB · Views: 38
Is this in your first cooks?
The control temp probe should be cleaned after each cook Also. My PB1150 temp bounces around when I neglect to clean it.

l have no experience with that cooker but is it a good idea to block airflow at the bottom like that?
Perhaps a smaller drip pan that allows a more open smoke path from the bottom to the top?

Welcome to the forum, Leo. I'm not the one to help but I agree with Chas. That drip pan look like it is blocking air flow.

That fuel pile appears to be a lot of crumbles and dust as one finds in the bottom of the bag.
Pit Boss pellets by any chance? That may be a contributor to the temp swings.

Welcome to the forum Leo

Hello Guys, Weell First of all, Thanks for the welcoming ans your responses!

Let me Try to anwser all the point here:

I dont think the drip pan is get on the way of the smoke, cause as can u see in the foolowing image, the grill have several holes on the sides, so the smoke goes up tho the racks... so the Foil rack is not in the way of the smoke....

i only used for 2 times now, and i will pay attention to the clean of the The control temp probe...

And the pellets that i Have using its from Bear Mountain.. i jhad to buy that online, cause on Lowes and other stores i couldn't find Apple pellets... Maysbe the pellets is old and make all those crumbles end making the control goes wild....

Attachments

• Grill.jpg
    Grill.jpg
    164.9 KB · Views: 17
  • Pellet.jpg
    Pellet.jpg
    225.2 KB · Views: 17
I would cut a slit in each of the louvers and fold the foil into them. They are there for a reason and the foil will still catch most of the drippings.

Never had that problem with Bear Mountain which the oak flavor is actually my favorite pellet.
Do the pellets crumble easily in your hands?

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky