What’s up at A-maze-n products?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Big Glenn

Meat Mopper
Original poster
Oct 27, 2018
Knoxville, Tenn
I have been trying to order some sawdust for 2 months. Everything I have tried to buy is out of stock, 4lb and 1lb packages.

I have been trying to order some sawdust for 2 months. Everything I have tried to buy is out of stock, 4lb and 1lb packages.

No idea, but if you need sawdust I would recommend you get some LumberJack pellets. Wet them and they will puff up and come apart, then dry the particles in the oven and you have dust. This means u can roll with pellets if u want or make dust if u want :)

I hope this info helps!

No idea, but if you need sawdust I would recommend you get some LumberJack pellets. Wet them and they will puff up and come apart, then dry the particles in the oven and you have dust. This means u can roll with pellets if u want or make dust if u want :)

I hope this info helps!
This is how I do it as well I buy different types of wood types to use in my Camp Chef pellet pooper and make sure to save a couple quart zippy's full to turn into dust once it's dry I store it in Mason jars to keep it dry.

Reactions: tallbm
Not sure either but just tried ordering and it's not just the dust. I wanted more beech... Dang rona! Hope Todd is doing OK. Big Glenn Big Glenn What dust are you looking for? Nearly all the sausage shops sell the common types. I personally think Todd's dust is different than sawdust it's like shredded. Agree with tallbm tallbm you can make your own. If you are patient no need to dry in oven just park it a week or so and they will dry. If you need to use some immediately, use an old meat grinder (I bought a $10 one on ebay) and grind. An arm workout for sure but will be ready to use in a few minutes. That said, I feel the dust made by wetting is more similar to Todd's than ground. Ground stuff is more of a crumble than dust.

I like the idea of using an old meat grinder what plate do you use?:emoji_laughing:
I think I have Grandma's old grinder in our storage unit, I'll check it out next time I'm over that way. It's almost cool enough in Cali to start smoking up some cheese we are out of last years batch.

Reactions: zwiller
Not my idea, stole from chopsaw chopsaw Rich. I use the larger die 3/8" I believe. I ALWAYS do too much cheese so it ages at least a year. So much better and tastes nothing like cheap generic cheese from the store. Snowed already here on Ohio...

Reactions: forktender
what plate do you use?
20181215_114800.jpg 20181215_114853.jpg
Test on some bread
20181215_170834.jpg

I tried my wives food processor.....boy she was sure brag'in on me to her friends about that one.LMAO!!!

Reactions: pa42phigh
That just doesn't make any sense at all, and how hard is it to make dust? Or better yet make a post on your website telling people what is going on? Something ain't right!!!

I found a place called Butcher & Packer and was able to order what I wanted. They don’t have the variety of woods that AmazN has but I wanted hickory and apple And they had that. If anyone has not been to their site, a huge variety of equipment and supplies.

Reactions: zwiller
Well I am not sure this is totally to blame BUT... A-maze-n was sold to the same company that owns Pit Boss. Look at the Pit boss website and it shows A-maze-n on there.

Last edited:
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky