Westin Burger Press - What am I doing wrong?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

wnctracker

Meat Mopper
Original poster
Oct 24, 2016
Western North Carolina
I feel like an idiot but I need advice with this burger press or I need to change my expectations.

I’m doing 1/3 lb venison patties and using wax paper top and bottom. When I adjust the plunger thickness so that it will press the meat out to the 4.5” boundary to make consistent shape it makes uneven burgers. Thinner closest to the hinge. And also there is a thin lip around the burger where the base and plunger aren’t the exact same diameter.

To get even burgers do I need to elevate the plunger more and press it, as to not making it expand the whole 4.5” in diameter?

What the heck am I doing wrong. First time trying pressing burgers in bulk.

Reactions: JLeonard
Wish I knew what to tell ya, bought a cheap plastic 1 1 time, didn't work well but it flew like a frisbee into the trash after a fight, my deer burger was a lot firmer than beef so didn't spread out the same. I figure a 50/50 mix would have worked better a better press may have worked as advertised.

Reactions: JLeonard
Sounds like you have the thickness set wrong. Or, not using enough meat. I press until meat comes out from the parameter of the press. It does take a bit of practice.
Also, are you tightening the lock ring so the plate isn't floating?

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky