Want a smoker that uses wood logs not pellets

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

CanehillMike

Original poster
Jul 12, 2023
My old smoker finally died after 25 years. It was an amazing smoker designed and built by a welder in Oklahoma (no longer making smokers). Used whole logs, not pellets, firebox underneath, not at the side, and an 8 gallon water pan. I have searched the Internet looking for a replacement and can't find anything but pellet smokers. Nothing against them, but I have so much wood on my place suitable for smoking, it is a shame to have to use pellets. Any suggestions?

Do you have any pictures of your old one? That may help jog some memories.

Reactions: DougE
Old Country makes a smoker much like what you are talking about. If you have an Academy Sports in your area they carry them.

Jim

Search cabinet smokers. I think there are a few different ones out there.

Chris

Been a while since the last reply, but have you checked Farcebook market place? There are 3 in our area for sale now that would hold an 8 gallon water pan. Made from Propane tanks.

I am toying with the idea of making one myself. But I own a few welders and have done many years of fabricating. Expensive part is the sheet steel and the only thing holding me back from it.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky