Walked past , did 360 , can't believe it followed me home. And without Steve's help

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
You done stole two bases and slid into home.
1000000195.gif

Great score David. The WSM is a great cooker and your gonna love it.

Point for sure
Chris

The instructions do not say anything about a burn off, but I guess that will be done first.
No burn off is necessary. It's a porcelain coated body so no machine oils. Just wash the grates and body. There are a ton of WSM users on site. So if you need any help just sing out. There is also a million different mods out there for the WSM. I would do a few cooks on it before making any of them. The door fit used to be the biggest concern for air leakage. I'm not sure if Weber has addressed that issue. Your door does look different than mine does. So maybe they fixed it. Mine sealed up on it's own after a few cooks and doesn't leak anymore. Well I guess I should say it didn't leak the last time I used it. My 22 WSM has been in retirement since I got the 26" kettle. One final thing. The daisy wheel vents are most excellent for temp control.

So you mean bolt or fasten #6 to #7, do you have a smaller mesh added to the charcoal grate
Yes . Sister those parts together . I think I used SS clips for putting wire shelving together . I don't have the mesh on mine . You can also get another charcoal great and spin it 90 degrees to the other one . One works fine for me .
So do you normally light up a chimney to use of mostly just light it up in the smoker with the torch?
I only did that to burn the moisture out of it . It was full up to the vents . I pulled it apart yesterday and it's pretty rusty . Gonna scrub it today and get it fired up .

They are fun to use , but have a plan on where you can set the parts while cooking .

Did I miss it?
Nope, didn't miss it!

20231025_175033.jpg

This beautiful new smoker showed up yesterday afternoon! In case any of you missed it, our friend Joel, ( seenred seenred ) built this. Drove it up here from Oklahoma, dropped it off, visited for a bit, then took off for home again. Apparently he didn't want to stay and help make a snowman with our upcoming weather!

Ryan

Great score David. The WSM is a great cooker and your gonna love it.

Point for sure
Chris

No burn off is necessary. It's a porcelain coated body so no machine oils. Just wash the grates and body. There are a ton of WSM users on site. So if you need any help just sing out. There is also a million different mods out there for the WSM. I would do a few cooks on it before making any of them. The door fit used to be the biggest concern for air leakage. I'm not sure if Weber has addressed that issue. Your door does look different than mine does. So maybe they fixed it. Mine sealed up on it's own after a few cooks and doesn't leak anymore. Well I guess I should say it didn't leak the last time I used it. My 22 WSM has been in retirement since I got the 26" kettle. One final thing. The daisy wheel vents are most excellent for temp control.

Thanks Chris for the like and the comment

I think it will be fun to play with this and see what I can cook on it , and maybe take to the Trailer , we will see.

That is good to know about the burn off, no problem to get into my shorts and t shirt and give it a good bubble bath. lol
And thanks on the hints about mods, will get a small table first , to bring up to my level . And like you said a couple cooks first before changing anything

David

Yes . Sister those parts together . I think I used SS clips for putting wire shelving together . I don't have the mesh on mine . You can also get another charcoal great and spin it 90 degrees to the other one . One works fine for me .

I only did that to burn the moisture out of it . It was full up to the vents . I pulled it apart yesterday and it's pretty rusty . Gonna scrub it today and get it fired up .

They are fun to use , but have a plan on where you can set the parts while cooking .

Thanks Rich

I have some of those s hooks , so I will do that and I might put an extra grate in it so charcoal stays up inside a little longer .
Thanks for the tips about resting parts while cooking, cant wait to use it this weekend, weather still calling for good here , 21 C yesterday and 20 C today, loving it . Cold coming in on Tuesday.

That sucks about the water in yours , My BBQ does that every time it rains, have to check before I move it as the drip tray fulls up with water, nice mess on the deck.

David

Nope, didn't miss it!

View attachment 679426

This beautiful new smoker showed up yesterday afternoon! In case any of you missed it, our friend Joel, ( seenred seenred ) built this. Drove it up here from Oklahoma, dropped it off, visited for a bit, then took off for home again. Apparently he didn't want to stay and help make a snowman with our upcoming weather!

Ryan

Very nice Ryan , and many a great smokes/cooks will happen on that.
Can't believe Joel did not want to stay and help with the shoveling

David

• Haha
Reactions: Brokenhandle
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky