• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

tallbm

Legendary Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Dec 30, 2016
Texas
I'm leaning heavily to buying a Vitamix E320 (64oz one 2.2hp motor) and can get one for like $243 brand new.
Anyone care to give me any insight or feedback on them?
It's my understanding they are basically the cream of the crop and amazing quality.

After having to strain an enchilada sauce I made from peppers 2 days ago I was looking for ways to NOT have to do so much straining AND I want to be able to make large batches of sauces. The best solution I came across was simply to buy a vitamix and obliterate everything into a smooth thicker sauce which could THEN be strained to get thinner if I wanted.

So all of you pepper heads, sauce makers, and blender maniacs... I'm looking for any/all insight and feedback on what your thoughts are on me getting one of these blenders for a pretty good price and I would love to hear about anything you do with it that is interesting and us simple blender folks may have no clue about lol.

Thanks! :D

Not sure which one he has, or if I'm even correct that he has one, but I believe Jeff ( jcam222 jcam222 ) has one of these and he loves it. Maybe he'll chime in with some input.

Robert

Reactions: tallbm
I have owned many blenders including Ninja, Blendtec and now my Vitamix. The Vitamix is the most powerful quality unit hands down. When I do my sauces there is no need to strain pulp or anything. It disintegrates peppers, seeds etc into a perfect sauce. You can usually find a decent Vitamix on sale for around $299. I think Woot had one yesterday at that price. I bought mine as a refurbished from Amazon. It's this one that you can get straight from Vitamix. https://www.vitamix.com/us/en_us/sh...1R3d667xIYG7XhO5asMXYBw0RtAQJ2PRoCPw8QAvD_BwE

Thanks guys.
jcam222 jcam222 good to hear 1st hand info about it's sauce making ability. I don't want to strain things if I can avoid it lol.

Seems like I found a great price too. I may wait for a little more feedback but likely going to pull the trigger... I think.
I mean I'm in no hurry to use one but also don't want to let a good price slip away.

Thanks Jeff. I appreciate you jumping to help. I wish I could have but know absolutely nothing about them.

Robert
Beware this topic may infect you with the desire to buy one hahahha.

I don't do a ton of blending but I love the idea of being able to EASILY whip up enchilada sauce, hot sauce, and other such thing.

With me doing a keto or very close to it (sometimes I do more protein than fats) I love the idea of making sauces for stuff like various chicken breast dishes. Right now I'm going to town on grilled chicken breast that I'm saucing with this enchilada sauce I made and adding one 29gm serving of shredded cheese. It's AWESOME.

So for about 650 calories I can literally pig out on 1 whole cooked pound of chicken breast like this in a day (1 pound grilled boneless skinless chicken breast is 500 calories) and then get the rest of my calories in good fats.

I think I will explore how to make a good buffalo sauce because I've been doing that as well with my chicken breast using store bought Louisiana Buffalo Sauce. I then drizzle a little ranch over the chicken.
So making my own buffalo sauce is on my mind :D

Beware this topic may infect you with the desire to buy one hahahha.
Ok, it sounds to me like you're in a state of denial :emoji_laughing: You're gonna get one, we all know it, and Jeff ( jcam222 jcam222 ) is quite the enabler. Reading this post sounds more to me like justification in your own mind to go ahead and pull the trigger :emoji_wink: Go for it!! You've only scratched the surface of what you can do with that thing. Think "smoothies" in this incredible Summer heat. Another justification....as if you really need it :emoji_astonished:

Robert

• Haha
Reactions: jcam222 and tallbm
That sounds like a great deal. I think I would jump on it. I have the NinjaChef bought few years ago. Wow how better a good blender is! They dont make this one anymore but it is a beast. Frozen drinks are so smooth. I was over $200 but I bought a reconditioned.

My cousin is one of their big wigs and yep, best there is. Pro machine all the way and industry standard. Nice buy I think normally around $500. No family discount or hookup either, I asked.

For smooth sauce. Or chunkier sauce with using a screen. I can't praise the Champion juicer enough. Though. A blender can do other things as well.

I use a vitamix to blend tomatillos for chili verde sauce and blend a butternut squash to make a soup. I gave my ninja to one of my sons.

Last edited:
Reactions: jcam222
Ok, it sounds to me like you're in a state of denial :emoji_laughing: You're gonna get one, we all know it, and Jeff ( jcam222 jcam222 ) is quite the enabler. Reading this post sounds more to me like justification in your own mind to go ahead and pull the trigger :emoji_wink: Go for it!! You've only scratched the surface of what you can do with that thing. Think "smoothies" in this incredible Summer heat. Another justification....as if you really need it :emoji_astonished:

Robert
Hahahha yep! I was pretty sure I would buy it BUT I wanted real and reliable input from SMF people. Our community knows what they are talking about 99% of the time so everyone is confirming what I thought, and making it a pretty sure decision :D

That sounds like a great deal. I think I would jump on it. I have the NinjaChef bought few years ago. Wow how better a good blender is! They dont make this one anymore but it is a beast. Frozen drinks are so smooth. I was over $200 but I bought a reconditioned.
Yeah I'm likely gonna pull the trigger here real soon.

My cousin is one of their big wigs and yep, best there is. Pro machine all the way and industry standard. Nice buy I think normally around $500. No family discount or hookup either, I asked.
Thanks! See getting good insider info here on SMF :D

For smooth sauce. Or chunkier sauce with using a screen. I can't praise the Champion juicer enough. Though. A blender can do other things as well.
Thanks for the input Steve. I would like a champion juicer for some sausage and other stuff but not sure I can talk myself into it. Where my existing blender may be showing signs that it can fail on me in short order so I have that little incentive as well to move on a blender vs the champion. Still have my eye on a champion should I really really get into more uses for it :D

I use a vitamix to blend tomatillos for chili verde sauce. I gave my ninja to one of my sons.
Yep, thinking on tomatillo sauces too and hatch peppers are for sale all over the place locally right now and for a few more weeks. So could make some great green chili sauces!

Well, to be blunt, if I was in the market for a high-speed blender I would jump on this offer immediately. A new E320 for $243 is one hell of a deal. Your only regret is that you'll wonder why you didn't go high-speed a long time ago.

My daughter and her fiancee purchased a new house a couple years ago and since then she's really gotten into cooking. For her birthday this past June I bought her a Vitamix 5200 for $420.. Had I known of this deal at the time, she would have an E320.

Personally, I'm in a different camp and have a Blendtec high-speed blender that I got around a dozen years ago. At the time, I had narrowed the field of selection to Blendtec and Viitamix. They were both priced similarly around $500 and were quite similar in specifications and performance ratings. The only discernible differences I recall was that Blendtec had presets while Vitamix had a manual speed control, and that Vitamix supposedly made "smoother" smoothies. I then checked te Blentec website for somthing and saw that they had reconditioned units and found the unit I was considering was available for $250 and came with a 10 year warranty versus 5 years for the new unit. That sealed the deal.

In all the years I've owned the unit, it's been used daily and often multiple times daily, and it's never had an issue though I have had to replace the mixing cup due to a worn out bearing. If, and when, the unit ever expires, I'll obviously replace it and this time I may go with Vitamix. The two issues that concerned me many yeas ago no longer exist.

As far as uses of a high-speed blender are concerned, you're limited by only your imagination. As an example, last weekend I made a large bitch of Spanish style gazpacho using 4 lbs. of fresh tomatoes, 2 onions, 2 cucumbers, 2 cubanelle peppers, several cloves of garlic, and a few seasoning ingredients. I coarsely chopped the vegetables but didn't remove the seeds or skin from anyrhing and ran them through the blender for 1 minute. I then added the seasoning ingredients and ran the blender for another minute. I then poured the finished batch into a large pot using a fine mesh strainer to check for any residue. As usual, nothing was there..

Last edited:
Reactions: jcam222 and tallbm
Well, to be blunt, if I was in the market for a high-speed blender I would jump on this offer immediately. A new E320 for $423 is one hell of a deal. Your only regret is that you'll wonder why you didn't go high-speed a long time ago.

My daughter and her fiancee purchased a new house a couple years ago and since then she's really gotten into cooking. For her birthday this past June I bought her a Vitamix 5200 for $420.. Had I known of this deal at the time, she would have an E320.

Personally, I'm in a different camp and have a Blendtec high-speed blender that I got around a dozen years ago. At the time, I had narrowed the field of selection to Blendtec and Viitamix. They were both priced similarly around $500 and were quite similar in specifications and performance ratings. The only discernible differences I recall was that Blendtec had presets while Vitamix had a manual speed control, and that Vitamix supposedly made "smoother" smoothies. I then checked te Blentec website for somthing and saw that they had reconditioned units and found the unit I was considering was available for $250 and came with a 10 year warranty versus 5 years for the new unit. That sealed the deal.

In all the years I've owned the unit, it's been used daily and often multiple times daily, and it's never had an issue though I have had to replace the mixing cup due to a worn out bearing. If, and when, the unit ever expires, I'll obviously replace it and this time I may go with Vitamix. The two issues that concerned me many yeas ago no longer exist.

As far as uses of a high-speed blender are concerned, you're limited by only your imagination. As an example, last weekend I made a large bitch of Spanish style gazpacho using 4 lbs. of fresh tomatoes, 2 onions, 2 cucumbers, 2 cubanelle peppers, several cloves of garlic, and a few seasoning ingredients. I coarsely chopped the vegetables but didn't remove the seeds or skin from anyrhing and ran them through the blender for 1 minute. I then added the seasoning ingredients and ran the blender for another minute. I then poured the finished batch into a large pot using a fine mesh strainer to check for any residue. As usual, nothing was there..
Thanks for the input. I think I'm about to pull the trigger :D

Cool thing to is the sheer is so high you can actually blend and heat a soup or sauce from the sheer in one step.

My Blendtec does an awesome job on everything from smoothies to cream soups to milling flour to sauces, drinks, and milkshakes, but it has weaknesses. I've had two blender jars fail. Got one replaced under warranty, said screw it on the other because the interaction with their cust svc was negative and accusatory. They said the jar failed because I put it in a dishwasher. It's never seen the inside of a dishwasher. I read directions.

When the Blendtec motor or another jar fails, it's all going in the trash and I'll be buying a Vitamix.

Reactions: tallbm
Cool thing to is the sheer is so high you can actually blend and heat a soup or sauce from the sheer in one step.
Thats cool and yeah something I saw. I saw where a guy was doing hot sauce and he claimed that it heated the sauce up so much that it pasteurized it and he could bottle it with no worries. Seemed cool but I would likely try to get full blown confirmation on that vs some guy's word in a video I saw lol.

My Blendtec does an awesome job on everything from smoothies to cream soups to milling flour to sauces, drinks, and milkshakes, but it has weaknesses. I've had two blender jars fail. Got one replaced under warranty, said screw it on the other because the interaction with their cust svc was negative and accusatory. They said the jar failed because I put it in a dishwasher. It's never seen the inside of a dishwasher. I read directions.

When the Blendtec motor or another jar fails, it's all going in the trash and I'll be buying a Vitamix.

Thanks for the insight on it. It's getting me pumped to get this thing :D

I'm leaning heavily to buying a Vitamix E320 (64oz one 2.2hp motor) and can get one for like $243 brand new.
Anyone care to give me any insight or feedback on them?
It's my understanding they are basically the cream of the crop and amazing quality.

After having to strain an enchilada sauce I made from peppers 2 days ago I was looking for ways to NOT have to do so much straining AND I want to be able to make large batches of sauces. The best solution I came across was simply to buy a vitamix and obliterate everything into a smooth thicker sauce which could THEN be strained to get thinner if I wanted.

So all of you pepper heads, sauce makers, and blender maniacs... I'm looking for any/all insight and feedback on what your thoughts are on me getting one of these blenders for a pretty good price and I would love to hear about anything you do with it that is interesting and us simple blender folks may have no clue about lol.

Thanks! :D
@ tallbm tallbm

Are there more for sale at this price? If so where, I've been shopping them as well, and that is a great deal.
Thank you.
Dan

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky