VACUUM SEALERS

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
That vacmaster looks like the real deal I may get one ,anyone have the vacmaster 380 and know if it's better than the food saver ?

That vacmaster looks like the real deal I may get one ,anyone have the vacmaster 380 and know if it's better than the food saver ?
Hands down No comparison. Its in a hole nudda class. I prefer the vacmaster to the Wesson because the location of the vacuum pickups, with them not being in the bottom of the moisture tray, you are less likely to get it gummed up.

Not even a comparison. It's like comparing a Gremlin to a Ferrari.

I owned one of the original food saver vacsealers for over 20years. It was great, but died. I was gifted anew one and it sucked, as in didn't work. Was only able to seal 3-5 bags in a row before its overheat and not work.

I purchased the VacMaster pro 380 and it is a great machine. The 16" width is great. You can seal multiple small bags at a time or one large bag. No overheating issues so you can just keep sealing.

Using the ultra bags from Lisa I've had no failures.

Last edited:
I purchased a VacMaster VP215 to seal my smoked bacon, smoked meat, etc. Packed 100s of bags and work flawlessly. Purchased online from www.homebutcher.com but amazon has it too. Get the 215 model as it has an oil packed motor. It is more quiet and last longer. Very good product. If I didn't have it, I would buy it again. Forget the suction sealers. Amazon has a cheaper brand vacuum chamber sealer if price is your main concern. Forget the ribbed bags, chamber sealer can use any plastic bag and it will look professional. 

Bite the bullet and buy a chamber sealer. Seal a few things, sell them to help pay for the initial cost of the sealer. Once paid for, never sell a thing again. Sit back and enjoy your chamber seller forever.

Yea chambers aren't really great for the stuff I do most long fillets of fish or full racks of ribs I couldn't justify buying one big enough to do that kind of stuff I went ahead and got that vacmaster 380 hopefully it's as good as everyone says

Last edited:
But now that I see that marinate mode makes me think that maybe if I do a slightly wet cure on a piece of meat I could maybe get the cure to get into the meat faster instead of injecting and possibly being more even

Yea chambers aren't really great for the stuff I do most long fillets of fish or full racks of ribs I couldn't justify buying one big enough to do that kind of stuff I went ahead and got that vacmaster 380 hopefully it's as good as everyone says
It is, I have both and while the chamber sealer is cool and I love it. The 380 is faster than the 320 and gets used more. There are tricks to the 380 if your doing something moist, like fold up a paper towel and put it in the bag just outside the seal bar. I use to do this but in reality now I just let it ride if its only moist and wipe out the trap area in between jobs.

Are you saying the vacmaster 380 comes with a let it ride button if so I will be pleased because that's my curing and smoking motto it just so happens that I'm smoking 14 lbs of ham tomorrow and my vacmaster should be here too hopefully I'll let it ride and the ham will be done and my vacmaster will show up at the same time

Last edited:
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky