Vacuum sealer bags

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
I only sealed that one bag with the carrots so far, but it held up fine in the SV.

These bags I got are 3 mil... awhile back we had gotten a roll of bags from I don't remember where... had more wrinkles than a Sharpei puppy ... didn't seal for squat.

Ryan
I had a roll like that. If you took and smoothed it out some at the opening, it sealed fine. If you didn't smooth out the wrinkles, air would suck right back in when the vacuum cut off, but long as you took a minute to smooth it out on the open end, it worked as good as any.

I've used the wevac rolls quite a bit, and I really have nothing negative to say. They have performed as well as the name brand rolls so far.

Reactions: fxsales1959
stupid question: using the roll, doesn't that require two seals per bag?
Yes. I do it one of two ways. If the roll is one that fits in the sealer, I pull enough off to reach the sealing element, seal the bottom end then pull off the length I need, cut, then fill and vac seal the contents as you would with a pre-made bag. If working off my bulk box, I cut a piece as long as I need, seal one end, fill and vac seal.

Reactions: Brokenhandle
Yes. I do it one of two ways. If the roll is one that fits in the sealer, I pull enough off to reach the sealing element, seal the bottom end then pull off the length I need, cut, then fill and vac seal the contents as you would with a pre-made bag. If working off my bulk box, I cut a piece as long as I need, seal one end, fill and vac seal.
And sometimes I try to be stingy... 1st bag is usually too small!

Ryan

• Haha
Reactions: 02ebz06 and DougE
I call it being thrifty and not wanting to waste, but it bites you in the butt sometimes.
That's why I let my wife do most of the vac sealing! Kinda like making a burrito... if I do it I almost need to make one in an 8 inch tortilla then transfer it to a 10 inch so I can actually get it wrapped shut!

Ryan

Reactions: 02ebz06 and DougE
That's why I let my wife do most of the vac sealing! Kinda like making a burrito... if I do it I almost need to make one in an 8 inch tortilla then transfer it to a 10 inch so I can actually get it wrapped shut!

Ryan
May well be that women are better at estimating length :emoji_flushed:

Same thing here - trying to save a dime. Amazon 11x150’ roll for 30 bucks. Synths is the brand.

Here is the first run w them - some individual elk burgers for quick lunches in the blind of tree stand.

Attachments

• IMG_3621.jpeg
    IMG_3621.jpeg
    127.1 KB · Views: 10
Overall thickness:

Foodsaver ........... .150in / 40mm

Wevac .120in / 34mm

Smooth side:

FS .0025in. / .07mm

wevac .0030in / 07mm

Textured side:

FS .0140in / .34mm
whglobalpack
wevac .0100in / .27mm
the starter roll that came with my vacuum sealer just ran out and i was wondering what everyone here is buying for their meats and veggies? looked on amazon for prime day and theres no many choices that im at a loss on what to buy.

Reactions: chopsaw
the starter roll that came with my vacuum sealer just ran out and i was wondering what everyone here is buying for their meats and veggies? looked on amazon for prime day and theres no many choices that im at a loss on what to buy.
Does your sealer hold a whole 25' roll and you are sealing the end, pulling out what you need, and cutting it off or are you making bags from a roll?

Mine will hold the roll and these are what I buy...

I've had issues with some of the Amazon ones.
The rolls were all wrinkled for about the last 1/3 or so, making it difficult to seal.
Stopped buying them.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky