Using Ground Turkey

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

lilcookie45

Original poster
Jul 6, 2023
Hi all, I was wondering can you use Ground Turkey in making summer sausage? if you can what type of seasonings would you put in it? thanks for any info you can give me. Mary

I dont see why you can't, as for seasoning I would guess just get a recipe here for pork summer sausage and try that, I'm sure someone with more knowledge will jump in.

Reactions: sleepychef
Hi all, I was wondering can you use Ground Turkey in making summer sausage? if you can what type of seasonings would you put in it? thanks for any info you can give me. Mary
If you prefer a leaner option, you can use ground turkey as a substitute..but you will need to compensate for the lower fat content of the meat to prevent dryness. I'd add some additional fat to the mixture (pork fatback or bacon are probably the best options here.)

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky