Twinkie Meatloaf (cheese stuffed mini loaves)

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

redwood carlos

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
Mar 12, 2013
Redwood City, Ca
I have been away for far too long! I came back looking for Cougar's Chicken sun dried tomato sausage recipe and forgot how much inspiration this place gives me. Hope everyone is doing good.

I decided to try out some cheese stuffed mini meatloaf(s) aka the Twinkie Meatloaf. I was bit let down by the cheese flavor (used string cheese) but will be trying again soon with some stringer flavored cheeses.

Meatloaf was a standard 2:1 beef Italian sausage

I took the mixture lined a mini loaf pan with plastic wrap and filled halfway with a spatula. Added the cheese and filled the rest of the way pushing well to form the loaf. Then into the freezer to set so I could get the plastic off and hold shape into the smoker for full smoke access. about half our until they feel firm enough.

sm freezer.png

Once ready unwrap (I like the grate for easy handling on and off) and onto the smoker at 325f

SM Into.png

After they have cooked for a while and taken on the smoke and color time to glaze top and sides.

SM COOKED.png

Final product.
cut sm.jpg

I had fun making these and my grandaughter loved eating twinkies for dinner.

I think the best part is I still have 6 mini loaves in the freezer to pull out and smoke any time on short notice.

Attachments

• sm freezer.png
    sm freezer.png
    972.2 KB · Views: 7
  • 20230720_200343.jpg
    20230720_200343.jpg
    167.5 KB · Views: 15
I'd be throwing elbows looking for crumbs the others missed!!
Looks good. And you are right the string cheese just doesnt melt right.
What size pans are those?
Jim

Last edited:
I'd be throwing elbows looking for crumbs the others missed!!
Looks good. And you are right the string cheese just doesnt melt right.
What size pans are those?
Jim
One is pobably a normal size serving. I went for 2.

Attachments

• 20230720_200631.jpg
    20230720_200631.jpg
    64.8 KB · Views: 15
Last edited:
Reactions: JLeonard
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky