Smoked Meatloaf

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

BrianGSDTexoma

Smoking Guru
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Aug 1, 2018
North Texas, Texoma
Kept this pretty simple as I been messing up couple meals lately. Chicken and Dumplings even went into the bin. Time to get back to basics and not over thinking it. Used McCormick meatloaf seasoning and just followed directions other than adding saute onions. Used fresh bread soaked in milk option. Made some mash squash using one Butternut and one Acorn. Also made some roasted garlic risotto and green beans. The smoke tube never took off. I put Cherry pellets and chips in it. I forgot those pellets dont work good in tube. I tried re-lighting five minute after putting it in but went out again. That McCormick always makes a good meatloaf.

20231014_152632.jpg 20231014_155003.jpg

20231014_161650.jpg 20231014_161702.jpg

I swear meatloaf is one of those things that went from Zero to Hero just by smoking it. Hated it growing up. Bought a smoker and tried smoking meatloaf. Wow! Now every time I make it, it's gone in a day. Yours looks awesome. I may have to try the McCormick stuff.

I have to stop reading this site so early in the AM - now I am salivating like Pavlov's dog.
I know! I’m prepping stuff for a cook to take out to my folks and thinking I might not make it til dinner. That is a great looking plate of perfect right there. I’d eat it for breakfas!

Jim

Reactions: DRKsmoking
Kept this pretty simple as I been messing up couple meals lately. Chicken and Dumplings even went into the bin. Time to get back to basics and not over thinking it. Used McCormick meatloaf seasoning and just followed directions other than adding saute onions. Used fresh bread soaked in milk option. Made some mash squash using one Butternut and one Acorn. Also made some roasted garlic risotto and green beans. The smoke tube never took off. I put Cherry pellets and chips in it. I forgot those pellets dont work good in tube. I tried re-lighting five minute after putting it in but went out again. That McCormick always makes a good meatloaf.

View attachment 678542View attachment 678541

View attachment 678540View attachment 678539
Yes! This👆

You did good Brian, too bad about the smoke.
But still a good looking loaf. Plate looks like it has my name on it .

Sorry about the Chicken and Dumplings,
Did you get to make your Liver and Mashed for your friend at the lake

David

Smoked meatloaf is always a favorite around here, and yours looks really good Brian.

Point for sure
Chris

I swear meatloaf is one of those things that went from Zero to Hero just by smoking it. Hated it growing up. Bought a smoker and tried smoking meatloaf. Wow! Now every time I make it, it's gone in a day. Yours looks awesome. I may have to try the McCormick stuff.
Thanks Dave. Smoked is the way to go!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky