Smoked Meatloaf

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
You did good Brian, too bad about the smoke.
But still a good looking loaf. Plate looks like it has my name on it .

Sorry about the Chicken and Dumplings,
Did you get to make your Liver and Mashed for your friend at the lake

David
Thanks David. Still had decent smoke flavor. Hamburger like a sponge. Had a great tasting broth on C&D than added more stuff. Messed up and put corn starch instead of baking powder in dumplings. Second attempt added to much salt. At that point just dumped it.

Reactions: DRKsmoking
Nice Brian, love meatloaf. Please enlighten me on the "mashed square"?
Thanks Cliff. I baked both squash in the over than let cool. Scooped out filling and added butter, salt, pepper and a little nutmeg and cinnamon. Turned really good. I usual cut the butternut in cubes and roast but this was a nice change.

Reactions: clifish
Did you get to make your Liver and Mashed for your friend at the lake
Not yet. Albertson had good price on hamburger and Chuck roast. Even though I have several of each in freezer I bought more. Did the meatloaf and doing the roast today. Going to make the potato mash to go with roast.

Reactions: DRKsmoking
Kept this pretty simple as I been messing up couple meals lately. Chicken and Dumplings even went into the bin. Time to get back to basics and not over thinking it. Used McCormick meatloaf seasoning and just followed directions other than adding saute onions. Used fresh bread soaked in milk option. Made some mash squash using one Butternut and one Acorn. Also made some roasted garlic risotto and green beans. The smoke tube never took off. I put Cherry pellets and chips in it. I forgot those pellets dont work good in tube. I tried re-lighting five minute after putting it in but went out again. That McCormick always makes a good meatloaf.

View attachment 678542View attachment 678541

View attachment 678540View attachment 678539
That looks great!! I gotta try this!

Very nice Brian!! Smoked meatloaf has gotten very popular here and for good reason. I did the one for mom right after getting her moved down here and ever since she and Tracy have been driving me nuts to make it again. I had to hide this thread from them :emoji_laughing:

Robert

• Haha
Reactions: jaxgatorz
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky