Turkey Dressing

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

bill ace 350

Master of the Pit
Original poster
Dec 28, 2013
Dressing/stuffing can make or break the meal for me!

I prefer a moist stuffing with lots of onion and celery, sometimes apple.

Sometime with with loose sausage in the mix.

What is your favorite stuffing?

Reactions: JLeonard
Whatever they made in the 60's . Almost like bread pudding . My Mom made it , as did alot of the Mom's back then . Don't get it as much these days . I think it might be a 1955 Betty Crocker thing .

Anyway . I used to make the White Castle stuffing . Uses White Castle hamburgers . Good stuff .

Ours is always a bread and potato with onions , salt and pepper, and lots of butter, and MUST have " Summer Savory "
or it is not an East Coast Maritime stuffing, just saying.

We make it by the big chaffing pan full, as we love our turkey and stuffing sandwiches even more than the Turkey meal.

DSC_6238.JPG

David

stove-top stuffing made with chicken broth, diced apples and sausage.
Not one thing I don't like about stove top . I have 3 or 4 boxes in the pantry at all times .
Chris , it makes great breading for oven or kettle baked chicken . Just run it through a food processor or whatever to make it into crumbs .
I also use it to thicken soups or gravy .

bill ace 350 bill ace 350 You have me thinking of the Pork chops I had when I was a kid . Nice bone in chop covered with stuffing , the baked in the oven .

Last edited:
Slider stuffing. Sounds interesting. We don't have any White Castles around here, but they do sell their sliders in the local grocers freezer section.
Yup . Use the frozen . Make a batch to go with your normal stuff . They have all kinds of recipes on their website .

Now that's a new one for me.

Chris

Its what Mom and all our relatives made when I was a kid, when Mona and I got together ,
I made it and she showed me her Mom's and it was almost exactly the same.

funny and that's why I say it is a Maritime thing. I have to send out Summer Savory to my son who lives in British Columbia for the last few years. He said he finally found it in a store out there this year for our Thanksgiving. Now that the Sobeys chain own a few different grocery chains out west now Sobeys is from Nova Scotia

David

Not one thing I don't like about stove top . I have 3 or 4 boxes in the pantry at all times .
Chris , it makes great breading for oven or kettle baked chicken . Just run it through a food processor or whatever to make it int crumbs .
I also use it to think soups or gravy .

bill ace 350 bill ace 350 You have me thinking of the Pork chops I had when I was a kid . Nice bone in chop covered with stuffing , the baked in the oven .
Like these?
20220117_183309.jpg
20220117_165325.jpg
20220117_171411.jpg

Its what Mom and all our relatives made when I was a kid, when Mona and I got together ,
I made it and she showed me her Mom's and it was almost exactly the same.

funny and that's why I say it is a Maritime thing. I have to send out Summer Savory to my son who lives in British Columbia for the last few years. He said he finally found it in a store out there this year for our Thanksgiving. Now that the Sobeys chain own a few different grocery chains out west now Sobeys is from Nova Scotia

David

My little voice in the back of my head told me you'd somehow incorporate potatoes into your stuffing.

My mother was Irish/American and my MIL was French/Canadian. My wife and I grew up eating a lot of the same foods, but prepared totally different.

Chris

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky