Tropical Storm Isaac and All People In It's Path (edited title)

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
I drove back to central FL today from just outside Tallahassee and I saw around 200 or so bucket and pole handling trucks. One rest area was packed with Electric Company trucks I don't think there was a spot left including on the grass there were so many of them. Not sure where they are staging at but there are a bunch of them heading that direction. This is not a Katrina but it is huge and if it slows like they are saying it's going to there will be lots of rain. I hit off and on rain all the way down here but nothing bad. Y'all stay safe

Good luck Ya'll. We want you back , so we can continue to aggrivate you (LOL).
biggrin.gif

Prayers sent for your safety............

I drove back to central FL today from just outside Tallahassee and I saw around 200 or so bucket and pole handling trucks. One rest area was packed with Electric Company trucks I don't think there was a spot left including on the grass there were so many of them. Not sure where they are staging at but there are a bunch of them heading that direction. This is not a Katrina but it is huge and if it slows like they are saying it's going to there will be lots of rain. I hit off and on rain all the way down here but nothing bad. Y'all stay safe
Most of the trucks went to Daytona Speedway. Loads of parking. Im sure theyll be dispatched out soon if not already. Looks like here in orlando area we dodged one.

Its no katrina or Andrew but with with these things you really do not know!!

M

Most of the trucks went to Daytona Speedway. Loads of parking. Im sure theyll be dispatched out soon if not already. Looks like here in orlando area we dodged one.

Its no katrina or Andrew but with with these things you really do not know!!

M
They must have left the Speedway because most were headed west on I-10 and north on US 19 toward I-10 You are right about never really knowing it's a huge system and if it slows down it's gonna produce lots of rain and still gives it a chance to get stronger

Yepp headed up to 10 then over to La im sure. Some of those guys came all way here from Va. makin sum big moneyyyy hahahah

just glad it past us up THIS time

Once again ,The day after the storm the fecal matter hits the fan, Lots of backwater flooding and evacuations, Dam at a state park lake is in sure danger of failing. Whole town along the river below it is mandatory evacuated.  1 mile on either side of the river for over 100 miles evacuated.

All the levees and flood gates they built to protect New Orleans has stopped the water from draining as it should. Places that have NEVER had water have 7 feet plus in homes.  No reason for folks to loose everything they own in a cat 1 storm.

that certainly does not sound very good... everything ok with you ? we got threw unscathed... prayers are out to all in need

Once again ,The day after the storm the fecal matter hits the fan, Lots of backwater flooding and evacuations, Dam at a state park lake is in sure danger of failing. Whole town along the river below it is mandatory evacuated.  1 mile on either side of the river for over 100 miles evacuated.

All the levees and flood gates they built to protect New Orleans has stopped the water from draining as it should. Places that have NEVER had water have 7 feet plus in homes.  No reason for folks to loose everything they own in a cat 1 storm.
Dang it - I hope you are OK and this flooding passes you by. Keep us posted  

Water has receded in 95% of the flooded areas. Now the swamp water is being pulled out and the fish kills have started. took our fresh water fishing years to recover from katrina  and then gustav and now issac..

Hopefully there will be some serious federal investigations into how much damage the flood gates and walls that were constructed after katrina caused with issac.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky