Tried sheep casing with great results

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

motolife313-2

Fire Starter
Original poster
Mar 13, 2023
been making 50 pounds a week so far for about a month now getting my experience in. Found some sheep casings at bass pro shop from PS seasonings. The casings were good quality and held up well. Has a lot more tender bit to it over collegen. Did pork butt, chicken breast and pork belly. 50 lb batch. It all barely fits in my smoker. Finally found some heat with all these peppers and the seeds in them. Going to add even more next time.
IMG_8255.jpeg
IMG_8377.jpeg
IMG_8381.jpeg
IMG_8384.jpeg

Going to make a box to dry them in very soon, 4 pounds of extra sharp cheese, ( not high temp) 1.25 pounds dried cherry, about 7 slices of dried pineapple, going to add a lot more seasoning next time these puppies need a lot seems like, cure #1 also, going to add more pineapple and cherry next time.
IMG_8403.jpeg
IMG_8417.jpeg
IMG_8420.jpeg
IMG_8436.jpeg

Some hog casings from couple weeks ago, and sure love this grinder so far and like the stuffer a lot too, the stuffer has pretty bad overall reviews but I got no problems at all,
IMG_8256.jpeg
IMG_8360.jpeg
IMG_8361.jpeg
IMG_8356.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_8361.jpeg
    IMG_8361.jpeg
    157.2 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_8360.jpeg
    IMG_8360.jpeg
    131.6 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_8356.jpeg
    IMG_8356.jpeg
    206.8 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_8256.jpeg
    IMG_8256.jpeg
    162.7 KB · Views: 7
Hey, Moto, I'm glad that you found your way over from Welding Web and tried the sheep casings.

Shoot me your address and I'll send you a few sheep and hog casing from Syracuse Casings so can try them out.

Best regards,

Reactions: motolife313-2
Going to make a box to dry them in very soon, 4 pounds of extra sharp cheese, ( not high temp) 1.25 pounds dried cherry, about 7 slices of dried pineapple, going to add a lot more seasoning next time these puppies need a lot seems like, cure #1 also, going to add more pineapple and cherry next time.

Wow, those look great! I'm going to have to try sheep casings now. The extra permeability has to really improve drying!

Would you be willing to let us know your cooking/drying schedule? I'd like to try this for myself now.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky