Travel griddle recommendations

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

G8trwood

Smoke Blower
Original poster
Mar 18, 2022
Looking for a recommendation for a camping / travel griddle. I had been using the Blackstone 22”, but it somehow started getting heavy/awkward. I bought a 17” adventure ready, but the dang thing won’t even sear.
Any thoughts on better performing options?

Thanks!

Are you using the adapter and a 20 lb. bottle ?
If not maybe that would help .
I know the burner is what it is , but I'm thinking more on a pressure getting low / low flame .
Maybe something is wrong with it . Make sure the flame is burning tight and blue , not lazy yellow .

Reactions: G8trwood
I have tried the 1lb bottle, 20lb with regulator and directly to the TT external regulated quick connect port. Tried BS customer service, not sure they have used the product. lol. The flames look blue and consistent, didn’t know if they maybe limit heat on the table top units.

My36” gets screaming hot and it would be nice to sear steaks on a smaller model that is easier to pull in and out. Just two of us now.

Looking for a recommendation for a camping / travel griddle. I had been using the Blackstone 22”, but it somehow started getting heavy/awkward. I bought a 17” adventure ready, but the dang thing won’t even sear.

Thanks!
Mine sears fine. It does take longer to get that hot than the 22". Do you have an infrared thermometer to check the temps?

Reactions: chopsaw
I always liked using a single burner stove with a CI skillet.It's two separate items but it does the job quite nicely when you're just cooking for two.

Reactions: G8trwood
Are you getting proper gas flow on the blackstone? Low flame (low heat output) can be a regulator problem. Check out THIS video on it.

No help on the griddle. I have a 22" Blackstone and yes it is a pain to lug around.

Steve's not the original enabler on that wonderful tool. Credit goes to Chris_in_SoCal Chris_in_SoCal
Got one in Florida. Accidentally left it behind. Now I have to get another one.....
Left mine in the garage. Could have used it last night to get the coals going at the campsite. Might need to just get another one so it doesn't happen again!

Reactions: Fueling Around
Left mine in the garage. Could have used it last night to get the coals going at the campsite. Might need to just get another one so it doesn't happen again!
Yeah left mine in Florida so I need to get another. This dual residency is worse than having an RV. Got a truck camper here in MN and wife has duplicated many items, but not my essentials.

• Haha
Reactions: Steve H
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Clicky