Todays smoke!!! Spares and beef short ribs...

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

fpnmf

Gone but not forgotten. RIP
Original poster
OTBS Member
Jul 19, 2010
Fl
Sale on spares at Winn Dixie..

The big fat beef short ribs came from the local butcher.

As usual here ...KB charcoal, pecan from the yard tree, SPOG and the guru rocking the WSM at 225.

Did a somewhat 3-2-1..we are doing a massive planting job here  (700 bulbs and plants) so the time was close...

At foiling time apple and orange juice with some slap yer mama hot in the pan then covered.

Put the mac and cheese in covered to cook then the cover off for the last hour to get some smoke with the unfoiled meat..

Last edited:
Craig, morning....  I think I would eat those ribs, take a nap, and plant bulbs tomorrow..... Repeat until the ribs were gone.....  

Those Ribs look great. The Beef ribs are nice and meaty...JJ

Gotta love those short ribs. They are commonly "reduced for quick sale" at my local grocer. I guess folks outside of the low-and-slow world just don't know what to do with them.. 

Looks fantastic!

And they get the best bone pull thereby making great meatscicles..

Last edited:
Thanks fellas!!

Nice, the 'Shortys' look especially good.
icon14.gif
 Send a bone for my poor Dog, it's been a long time for her...
ROTF.gif

Those Ribs look great and I know that you gave your wife some ....
ROTF.gif
She did most of the planting..I did the dirt work.

She is eating real good...

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky