Three firsts

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
I picked up a bag of pecan. I've never really used pecan for anything and I've always wanted to. We'll see!!
Pecan is related to hickory, but much milder ...... somewhere between hickory and apple.

WOW!! What an amazing looking cook. that'd be fantastic if you'd been doing it for years but for a first time (3 of them actually) that's some very impressive work.

Robert
Thank! I think I probably need to credit the grill more than anything.

Very nice!
Appreciate it man!!
Looks delicious!
Thank you!
Great job on those! One of the best things to smoke imo
That’s what I’ve heard. I’ll be doing more for sure!!
Those look fantastic, Doc...
Awesome...congrats on the new rig!
Thanks guys!
Pecan is related to hickory, but much milder ...... somewhere between hickory and apple.
Good to know! I do a lot of chicken so I’ll probably try that first.
BD, Nice job, your ribs look spot on !
Wow!!! You nailed it!
Thank you!!

New Father’s Day RT-1250!!

First cook on the grill, first time using lumberjack pellets, first time doing short ribs.

View attachment 668291

View attachment 668292

Turned out beautiful! Tasted fantastic. Don’t know why I waited so long!!
Short ribs are amazingly great, moist and tasty ! They can take a good amount of spg. Did you wrap in the IT's of 170s?

Short ribs are amazingly great, moist and tasty ! They can take a good amount of spg. Did you wrap in the IT's of 170s?
Thanks! No I looked up wrap vs no wrap, and since I was a little busy that day…ended up going the “no wrap” route.

That is a beautiful cook! I LOVE my RT1250 and it think you well on your way to many for smokes!

Thanks for the kind words. Do you or anyone else with a 1250 use a drip pan liner that they sell? Or found a better aftermarket?
This is a new item that I’ve thought about but I have just used the extra wide heavy duty foil, I use two layers but be sure not to wrap it over the front and back edges, that messed with the air flow.

Many don’t use a liner they just scrap it clean, but I have found that doing the double foil the high temp oil burn off is less smoky.

86687F84-BD0A-417A-8EA0-3F065BCEEB5F.jpeg

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky