This new gal got a smoker for her birthday :)

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

firetwigsgal

Original poster
Sep 15, 2012
TN
Hi my name is Keely and I recently got a Masterbilt electric for my birthday. I am super excited to begin smoking every possible cut of meat and my boyfriend is eager to try all my culinary masterpieces! So far I have smoked 2 racks of baby backs with Jeff's rub and I have to say they were the best I've ever eaten(if i do say so myself.) Tomorrow I am attempting a fatty filled with pepperjack and dirty rice with crawfish. Wish me luck as I will be taking it up to the fire hall and testing it out on my main squeeze and all his fellow fire fighters.

Hi Keely! Good Luck and 
welcome1.gif
to SMF!!! We're happy you found us! You've come to the right place, we have over 40,000 members and over 800,000 posts so you should be able to find almost anything you want to know. Remember the search bar at the top can be your best friend for finding answers fast!

You might want to check out Jeff's Free 5 day E-course it will teach you all the basics and a whole lot more!

Show us some pics of the fatty!

First of all?  A big thanks to all the first responders and fellow vets!

Then a big welcome aboard to you!

Being selfish now?  Give me your grandmother's recipe for dirty rice??!!

Good luck and good smoking.

icon_cool.gif

First off welcome to SMF Keely. You like it here for there are a lot of good folks that would do just anything to help you with your smoking meat. Now your fattie looks pretty darn good and I'm sure it will taste the same to. One word of advice thou. The next time that you roll your fattie in the bacon weave. Take a piece or 2 of saran wrap and lay your fettie on it then roll your fattie up and wrap it with the saran wrap. Then grab the ends of the wrap and roll it on your counter and it tighten up making your fattie a tight roll nd help keep all the fixins inside your fattie

Welcome to the SMF family and the MES family too. There are so many things youll learn here your head will swell with the knowledge. Those fattys look great!!
drool.gif

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky