Theres a storm brewin for FL Gulf Coast

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

bmudd14474

Legendary Pitmaster
Original poster
Staff member
Administrator
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Jun 1, 2008
Florida
I hope that all of our members in the path of this storm are prepared for this storm to his. Tomorrow we will decide if we will Evacuate or not.

Stay safe everyone.

Brian

Reactions: JLeonard
Yeah....been watching it. Figured it would blow up to a major storm with the Gulf at record high temps.....89-90*F. That's super fuel for a storm! Ya'll stay safe!!

Tis the season, like above said ^^^^ stay safe , leave if you can or have to.
Still only Aug. going to be a long Hurricane season, everyone stay safe

On the Atlantic side we were expecting our first but looks like being pushed out to sea, GOOD.
But lots more rain on Wed. and Thur.

David

My parents just got their condo in N Ft. Meyers livable again from Ian's flooding. Looks like Idalia may not be a direct hit for them.

There's all this talk about how hurricanes are intensifying, but a look at the Florida list, the strongest hurricane on record is the Labor Day hurricane of 1935. 2004-2005 were bad years though, with 5 major hurricanes over those two years.

I hope that all of our members in the path of this storm are prepared for this storm to his. Tomorrow we will decide if we will Evacuate or not.

Stay safe everyone.

Brian
fingers crossed for all of our members in the cone. I know some in West Central FL have already had a lot.

It looks like we will get a break on this one, but we’ve seen this before. Go to bed thinking you’re OK & waking up in the eye wall. So I sure hope they are wrong about the intensity, they do get that part wrong a lot. I hope all my SMF family in the path are all safe when this is over.
Al

I'm on or very near the very north of the cone my sister and brother in law are in the very southern part of the cone. She's closer to the Gulf than I am and she's a lot more apt to get the flood surge and high winds even on the course it's on. Jim Cantore of the weather channel is in there hometown now that's not a good sign. I should barring a jog be on the northwest side of it.
Brian you may want to go it looks like a direct path over the top of you. I'd go north and go aways in my opinion Valdosta isn't far enough north in case of that jog in the middle of the night.

1st band is just coming by us. It looks like it's still hooking a bit W. Everyone be safe.

Looking like FL is gonna get the initial brunt of it but based on the projected path, it appears as though our friends in GA, SC, NC, and possibly southern VA might get hit also. All y'all take care and be safe. Please post updates as you can. This could be a pretty serious event.

Robert

Seems they don't know where it's going well I take that back they know it's going to hit FL. just keep changing where

Please don't try to wait it out to long if in the path. Might be total chaos trying to escape if everyone is doing the same. Stay safe all :emoji_pray: and please report when able so we know everyone is ok .

Idalia now predicted to strengthen to Cat 4 at landfall. Y'all need to get out of the way of this monster if you are in it's path, close to the coast, or on the south side.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky