Thanks to SmokeyMo

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

scarbelly

Gone but not forgotten. RIP
Original poster
OTBS Member
Jul 26, 2009
A while back Rick posted some information on his rub. I sent him a message that I was interested in his recipe. He was so kind and sent me a sample It will be a bit before I can taste it and offer an opinion ( I currently have 5 rubs that I am reviewing) but I did open it and taste it.  It seems to might tasty and he developed it to accomodate folks with allergies so I am interested in how he has done this.

Rick is one of the nicest folks I have run into here on the fourm and I am really looking forward to trying his rub

keeping my eye on this one
popcorn.gif

My dad likes BBQ but the onions garlic and peppers tear him up, even if its just in the rub.  So I started playing with spices. Here are the basics, basil, ground coriander, sage, thyme, tarragon, dry mustard, paprika, crushed black pepper, salt and a little chili powder.

I can pm you with amounts if you want some. It doesn't have the same kick but it gets rave reviews from the people we cook for.  

I plan on doing some ribs using his rub this next week, if we ever get over these dang colds we got this week... So far all either of us has done is cough, sleep and feel like well you know...

I opened mine and tasted it and it tasted really good..

I put some on some chicken that I smoked for an hour and finished on the grill. There is a great flaor for sure. Nice job my friend 
icon14.gif

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky