Taco Stuffed Avocados: Fun, Messy, And Delish (Pics)

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Holy guacamole, I laughed my butt off, but don't remember it being that bad.
Glad you got a laugh out of it. I started getting very cynical about TV commercials when I was about 14. Could not stand them!! Over time they just got worse and worse but there were no alternatives back then. Now we have options and I don't mind a bit paying an extra $2 a month not to have to deal with them.

Robert

Reactions: mr_whipple
Thanks so much Matt. If she likes avocados, she'd love these. Have you seen or tried the taco seasoning I put together a few years ago? A lot of folks here have adopted it and use the stuff regularly. I'll happily post it if you'd like to check it out. honestly, the best taco seasoning we have ever had.

Robert
tx smoker tx smoker Sure would like to see the recipe Robert!

Looks dang good Robert! But I swear... the messier the plate, the better it tastes!

Ryan

tx smoker tx smoker Hey I'd love to see the recipe for your fajita rub!
No problem and apologies for it taking a couple days to get back to you.

2 T corn starch
4 t chili powder
2 t salt
2 t paprika (smoked is best)
2 t sugar
2 t garlic powder
2 t beef bouillon
1 t onion powder
1 t meat tenderizer
1 t black pepper
½ t cayenne
½ t coriander
1 t guajillo pepper
1 t ancho pepper
1/2 t arbol pepper

After you get the seasoning mixed over the meat (assuming you sliced the meat prior to cooking, which is what I do), add a little water to create a sauciness. The corn starch makes somewhat of a "gravy" and really amps up the flavor.

Robert

Last edited:
tx smoker tx smoker Sure would like to see the recipe Robert!
Hey Matt, apologies for it taking a couple days to get back to you. As I'm sure you can guess, it's been crazy around here buddy. Here ya go:

4 T chili powder
1 T cumin
1 T coriander
1 T paprika (smoked is best)
1 T salt
1 ½ t garlic powder
2 t dried onion*
1 t oregano* (Mexican if you have it)
1 t black pepper
1 T corn starch
2 t crushed red pepper*
1 t guajillo pepper**
½ t arbol pepper**

* lightly pulse in a spice grinder

** can use 1 t cayenne instead if preferred

Mix all spices. Add 3 T per per pound of meat and adjust according to taste. I typically use 4 T per pound. Recommend making a double batch if you like tacos a lot. This does not make much. When meat is cooked, drained, and seasoning added, put a nice splash of water in it. This will make a little sauciness that really makes a big difference in the finished product.

Robert

Hey Matt, apologies for it taking a couple days to get back to you. As I'm sure you can guess, it's been crazy around here buddy. Here ya go:

4 T chili powder
1 T cumin
1 T coriander
1 T paprika (smoked is best)
1 T salt
1 ½ t garlic powder
2 t dried onion*
1 t oregano* (Mexican if you have it)
1 t black pepper
1 T corn starch
2 t crushed red pepper*
1 t guajillo pepper**
½ t arbol pepper**

* lightly pulse in a spice grinder

** can use 1 t cayenne instead if preferred

Mix all spices. Add 3 T per per pound of meat and adjust according to taste. I typically use 4 T per pound. Recommend making a double batch if you like tacos a lot. This does not make much. When meat is cooked, drained, and seasoning added, put a nice splash of water in it. This will make a little sauciness that really makes a big difference in the finished product.

Robert
Yeah, I can only imagine how busy you've been lately. Great work BTW! Thanks a bunch for the recipe.

IMG_4495.jpeg

This was posted in a previous thread that you may have missed. Pretty simple stuff but OMG it is fantastic.

Thanks everybody for the kind words. Here is the recipe:

1 1/2 cup of mayo
1/2 cup buttermilk
1/3 cup fresh cilantro
1/3 cup diced green chilies
1/3 - 1/2 cup diced seeded/veined jalapeno
1 packet dry ranch mix
2 TBS Fajita rub

I never have the green chilies, fresh cilantro, or the buttermilk on hand. Instead of the chilies I use dried jalapeno powder and I use heavy cream ILO the buttermilk, and dried cilantro. It re-hydrates pretty quickly and works out ok. The fajita seasoning adds a ton of flavor and that is a recipe I put together several years ago. If any of y'all would like that also, just say the word.

Robert
I made up some of that Fajita rub to make this. Man that stuff tasty. I have buttermilk and want to use fresh peppers. Wonder if he using the green chiles in a can? Guessing you would put this in a blender?

I made up some of that Fajita rub to make this. Man that stuff tasty.
Thanks buddy. We really enjoy it and use the stuff regularly.
I have buttermilk and want to use fresh peppers.
I never seem to have the buttermilk so I just use heavy cream and it works really well. The buttermilk just adds a bit more twang.
Wonder if he using the green chiles in a can?
I believe that is what John used when he put the recipe together. I never have the chilies though so just use a nice dose of dried jalapeno powder.
Guessing you would put this in a blender?
That is correct. Don't know if this is in the recipe or not but I also put a few green onions in it.

Robert

Reactions: BrianGSDTexoma
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky