Taco Stuffed Avocados: Fun, Messy, And Delish (Pics)

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

tx smoker

Legendary Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Apr 14, 2013
Lago Vista, Texas
As most of you know, and most of you are experiencing, it has just been blazing hot recently. We've seen temps as high as 118 degrees on the pool deck in the direct afternoon sun. That kind of heat makes one want to enjoy cool, refreshing meals that require little or no time cooking outside. This is a crazy idea I came up with a week or so ago hanging out in the pool with the ever-present margarita. A couple different variations ran through that twisted mind of mine but I ultimately decided on this one. Got everything prepped and ready early afternoon yesterday in case I had issues with the avocados, which is all too common for me. From there it all went into the fridge till later, just before supper time. Gut feeling tells me that our good friend Brian ( BrianGSDTexoma BrianGSDTexoma ) might possibly get a kick out of this one :emoji_wink:

Start out cooking the ground beef and season it up with my taco seasoning.
001.jpg

The avocados, skin and pits removed. I took a spoon and enlarged the cavity so it'd hold more meat. This is just before assembling them and one of the avocados darkened a bit while in the fridge. I cleaned it up before building the final meal.
002.jpg

Lettuce, tomato, and onion.
003.jpg

This is the creamy jalapeno ranch sauce I stole from John ( SmokinVOLfan SmokinVOLfan ) a few years ago. This stuff is amazing!!
004.jpg

Time to start the build. Load the avocados full of taco meat. Kind of a blurry pic. Not so sure about this new phone just yet.
005.jpg

Pile on as much cheese as you can. Lost a lot on the plate but it'l get eaten later :emoji_wink:
006.jpg

Lettuce, tomato, and onions next.
007.jpg

A nice drizzle of the jalapeno ranch sauce. Another blurry pic.
008.jpg

Plated up with some Mexican rice and it's time to eat.
009.jpg

This is where things start getting messy. Sliced shot.
010.jpg

And of course....you guessed it David ( DRKsmoking DRKsmoking ) :emoji_laughing:
011.jpg

Yep, it's kinda freaky, bizarre, sloppy, and just a mess but believe it or not, these were really good!! All of the components were chilled so it was a cool and refreshing meal. Although not a "flavor bomb" this dinner certainly did not lack for flavor. All of the ingredients melded together to create a very nice combination of flavors, complexity, and textural components. All in all a successful experiment. I've developed a propensity recently for posting ugly meals, this one included, and the only reason I'm posting this is to possibly give somebody else an idea for some sort of variation they might like to try. It is somewhat creative as far as I know. Never seen anything like this done before.

Oh well, I'm done. About time for a cold barley pop and a trip to the pool. Y'all have a great weekend and see everybody soon.

Robert

I'm not an avocado fan. But, that meal almost makes want to give it a try. Looks good.

Jim

I'd hit that dish in a heartbeat, love avocado any way it winds up on my plate! Get some great deals on cados year round here in AZ, easy to find ones ready to eat. RAY

Looks fantastic Robert. Is that a knife/fork style of meal, or do you just give it the full on caveman treatment? One day I'll have to give an avocado a try. I don't think I've ever had one.

Point for sure
Chris

Heck, nothing really wrong with a little brown on avocado. As I say, avocado is avocado unless it’s brown, then it’s just brown avocado. All delicious. But that’s a nice meal. I make them sometimes like twice bake potatoes without the cooking. Gut the avocado, mix up like guacamole but add anything from ground meat to pulled meat pork, beef chicken……….. Then stuff back in the shell served with rice and beans and Chile of some kind has to be incorporated, as in jalapeños, green Chile’s roasted or fresh. All in all a nice meal Robert.

I‘ll be standing by to see the post when Chris gmc2003 gmc2003 has his first avocado, ( put lime juice on it) they have been known to be life changing. Might even be the worlds most perfect fruit.

I‘ll be standing by to see the post when Chris gmc2003 gmc2003 has his first avocado, ( put lime juice on it) they have been known to be life changing. Might even be the worlds most perfect fruit.
It's gonna be hard to beat honeydew and cantaloupe, but I'll give one a try before summers end.

Chris

Reactions: SmokinEdge
That looks awesome. This after a stuffed zucchini thread is gonna push me to action. Anyone remember the avocados from Mexico first draft ever commercial?

It's gonna be hard to beat honeydew and cantaloupe, but I'll give one a try before summers end.

Chris
Nothing at all like a Mellon. You are in for a treat my friend. They are not sweet or tart. More meaty. I’ll be watching.

Man I would definitely devour some of those. Tacos in an avocado with jalapeno ranch is FLAVORTOWN as Fieri would say c

We love Avacodos around here. I guessw since they are grown out here we are just use to eating them all our lives. That meal does look great.

As most of you know, and most of you are experiencing, it has just been blazing hot recently. We've seen temps as high as 118 degrees on the pool deck in the direct afternoon sun. That kind of heat makes one want to enjoy cool, refreshing meals that require little or no time cooking outside. This is a crazy idea I came up with a week or so ago hanging out in the pool with the ever-present margarita. A couple different variations ran through that twisted mind of mine but I ultimately decided on this one. Got everything prepped and ready early afternoon yesterday in case I had issues with the avocados, which is all too common for me. From there it all went into the fridge till later, just before supper time. Gut feeling tells me that our good friend Brian ( BrianGSDTexoma BrianGSDTexoma ) might possibly get a kick out of this one :emoji_wink:

Start out cooking the ground beef and season it up with my taco seasoning.
View attachment 671967

The avocados, skin and pits removed. I took a spoon and enlarged the cavity so it'd hold more meat. This is just before assembling them and one of the avocados darkened a bit while in the fridge. I cleaned it up before building the final meal.
View attachment 671968

Lettuce, tomato, and onion.
View attachment 671969

This is the creamy jalapeno ranch sauce I stole from John ( SmokinVOLfan SmokinVOLfan ) a few years ago. This stuff is amazing!!
View attachment 671970

Time to start the build. Load the avocados full of taco meat. Kind of a blurry pic. Not so sure about this new phone just yet.
View attachment 671971

Pile on as much cheese as you can. Lost a lot on the plate but it'l get eaten later :emoji_wink:
View attachment 671972

Lettuce, tomato, and onions next.
View attachment 671973

A nice drizzle of the jalapeno ranch sauce. Another blurry pic.
View attachment 671974

Plated up with some Mexican rice and it's time to eat.
View attachment 671975

This is where things start getting messy. Sliced shot.
View attachment 671976

And of course....you guessed it David ( DRKsmoking DRKsmoking ) :emoji_laughing:
View attachment 671977

Yep, it's kinda freaky, bizarre, sloppy, and just a mess but believe it or not, these were really good!! All of the components were chilled so it was a cool and refreshing meal. Although not a "flavor bomb" this dinner certainly did not lack for flavor. All of the ingredients melded together to create a very nice combination of flavors, complexity, and textural components. All in all a successful experiment. I've developed a propensity recently for posting ugly meals, this one included, and the only reason I'm posting this is to possibly give somebody else an idea for some sort of variation they might like to try. It is somewhat creative as far as I know. Never seen anything like this done before.

Oh well, I'm done. About time for a cold barley pop and a trip to the pool. Y'all have a great weekend and see everybody soon.

Robert
Robert,

That looks Amazing!! I would polish that off in no time!! I like the cool temp for a nice meal on a hot day!! Something similar we do here is make a Poke bowl out of the Avocado. For those that don't know Poke is raw fish and different ingredients, chopped onion, green onion, chiles. Many different recipes for it. I like a simple Ahi poke and put a big old scoop in the Avocado and eat it up. Super tasty and served nice and cold!!

Sean

Reactions: jcam222
Looks great Robert, thought you were going to get a close up shot, Lol :emoji_laughing: :emoji_laughing:

I like some others am really not a fan of Avocado, just not my thing ( I think maybe too healthy )
But I would scoop out the fixings from 3 or 4 of them.
Looks and sounds amazing, as always

David

I'm not an avocado fan. But, that meal almost makes want to give it a try. Looks good.
Appreciate the commentary Jim. The first time a lady put an avocado in front of me (by way of guacamole) I said there's no way I'm eating that stuff. Well surprise of all surprises, I tried it and was hooked. We love avocados in almost any form around here.

Robert

Reactions: JLeonard
I'd hit that dish in a heartbeat, love avocado any way it winds up on my plate!
Thanks so much my friend. My issue with getting good ones is that the two grocery stores we have close by are kinda 2nd rate, bargain basement places. They are great in a pinch to fill in missing stuff one may need but the produce leaves a lot to be desired. We have to go into town to get good produce and that's gotten to be a nightmare.

Robert

Looks fantastic Robert. Is that a knife/fork style of meal, or do you just give it the full on caveman treatment?
Thanks Chris. We did them knife & fork so we could scoop up all the goodies that fall of when cutting them. I suppose you could take the caveman route though if you wanted.
One day I'll have to give an avocado a try. I don't think I've ever had one.
WHAT?? Never had an avocado? I guess that's a drawback to living up there in the frozen tundras in Yankee country :emoji_laughing: We love them but the key is getting one that's just right as far as being ripe.

Robert

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky