SV Chucky Hand-me-down

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Bearcarver

Gone but not forgotten RIP
Original poster
OTBS Member
Group Lead
Sep 12, 2009
Macungie, PA
SV Chucky Hand-me-down

OK, so I was out of Chuckies, and I mentioned it to Bear Jr.
So he brings me two frozen packs of Beef that he had frozen for Diesel (his Chocolate Lab).
It seems one of Diesel’s many allergies happens to be Beef, so he switched him over to Turkey.
I don’t know how often he used to make Chuckies for him, but each of those 2 hunks of meat was about half of what I buy as a Chuck Roast.
They were each about 1.5 pounds. So—Sure I’ll take them!! LOL---Hand-Me-Downs from the Dog.

So I thawed them out & racked them in my SV Rack, filled my Sous Vide Supreme & set it @ 165°.
NOTE: I edited this Temp from 132° to 165° for 48 hours, after Brian Trommater pointed out to me that I had typed 132° instead of 165°.
Then 48 hours later I remove the packs from the water. Removed the Chucky Halves from the Bags.
I saved the Juices for Gravy, and pulled enough Meat off for our Supper.
Mrs Bear made the Gravy, some Mashed Taters, and some cut Green Beans.

After Supper I pulled the rest & put it in one of our Green Containers for the Fridge.

Then the next day I had a Nice big 3 slice Pyramid Hot Roast Beef Sammy for Supper.

The next day I had two leftover rolls from another night (1 Burger Bun & 1 Hot Dog Bun).
So I lathered them up with my new Jar of “Kelchner’s Creamy Horseradish Sauce”.
Then filled them with hot Pulled Beef, and added some Bread & Butter Pickle Chips on the side.

That “Kelchner’s Creamy Horseradish Sauce” is definitely a Re-order!!!!

Not seen was a couple more Sammies on the next night.

Thanks for Stopping in,

Bear

Two Chucky Halves Vacuum sealed:
IMG_5634.jpeg

Clipped in my Rack & Ready for a Long Bath:
IMG_5635.jpeg

Fresh out of my SV, after 48 hours @ 165°:
IMG_5639.jpeg

Ready for Pulling:
IMG_5640.jpeg

Bear's First Helping:
IMG_5641.jpeg

Pulling the rest for Sammies & Fridge:
IMG_5643.jpeg

Leftovers All Pulled:
IMG_5644.jpeg

Second Night's Supper---Start of a Hot Roast Beef Sammy. Start with Gravy & some Meat:
IMG_5645.jpeg

Then 2 slices of Bread, some more Meat & more Gravy:
IMG_5646.jpeg

Then top it with another slice of Bread & more Gravy. Second Night's Supper completed:
IMG_5647.jpeg

Third Night Supper Started---One Hot Dog Bun & one Burger Bun covered with "Kelchner's Creamy Horseradish Sauce":
IMG_5648.jpeg

Filling them both with Pulled Chucky Beef:
IMG_5649.jpeg

Here's the Stuff I used:
IMG_5650.jpeg

Bear's 3rd Night's Supper Sammies:
IMG_5651.jpeg

Last edited:
Dang, that looks good, I just ate but could put away one of those. Nice Job

Gary

Loooks great but think you might of had it set higher than 132? I'm guessing 165.

Oh Shoot !!!
Another Senior Moment!!!
Thank You Brian!!
You're right---165° for 48 hours, for Pulled Chucky.
132° for 48 hours is for a Prime Rib-like Chucky.
I'm going back now to edit my first post.

Thank You Brian!!
Like.

Bear

Reactions: BrianGSDTexoma
Yep, looks awesome as always Bear! I do believe you have the meat to bread to gravy ratio down pat!

Big like!
Ryan

Al looks great Bear. I also love good horseradish sauce on beef!! Does you boy need another dog? I might be available if he’s feeding daily chuckie. Lol

Reactions: Brokenhandle
Yup for sure some great looking sammies. Still don't get these long cooks in a SV but I'm an old dog. Kelchner's makes a lot of great products we use their cocktail sauce all the time.

Warren

Yep, looks awesome as always Bear! I do believe you have the meat to bread to gravy ratio down pat!

Big like!
Ryan

Thank You Ryan!!
Yup--I'm constantly working on that---I think I got it now.
And Thanks for the Like.

Bear

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky