Summer sausage again

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Woodzman

Smoke Blower
Original poster
Oct 8, 2017
Cortland ny
0622180709.jpg
0622181910-00.jpg
Well yesterday I had the smoker fired up. I made 10 1# sticks of summer sausage. It came out great as always but finally with warmer weather I was able to do it completely in the smoker and not the oven as I have had to everytime because it was cold out.

Attachments

• 0622181910-00.jpg
    0622181910-00.jpg
    68.5 KB · Views: 0
Looks good; just wondering does it being hung in the smoker make a difference? I'm going to smoke 5 pounds of turkey pepperoni using a recipe emailed to me from a member and just curious.

In my opinion the only difference is I don't have to turn it and it doesn't have grill marks....from the weight of it laying on the grill. I use the same recipe and wood to smoke with. And I always get the same great quality product. This is the first time I haven't had to finish it in the oven but I believe this is because I was making my other batches in cooler weather

Righto, I was just curious; I didn't even really get marks from using my MES to do the summer sausage I did. I try to lay them in the thing so they rest between grill slats.

Well I made 10# of summer sausage Friday and now I have 1 stick left for myself. Its only Tuesday.guess I will have to go bigger next time. Thinking about putting more hanging rods in and possi ly

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky