Stuffed Portobello Mushrooms Recipes

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
I have a couple Portobello Mushrooms I need to use up. Anyone have any recipes want to share. Wondering if I can do something Mexican tx smoker tx smoker ?
Damn you Brian. You actually made me stop and think on a Saturday. You should be ashamed of yourself :emoji_laughing: Consider this...or possibly a variation thereof. Mix up some cooked chorizo and Mexican rice. Stuff the mushrooms with that then top with lightly sauteed jalapenos and onions. Add a bunch of nice melting Mexican cheese on top and grill till the cheese has melted. Top with fresh avocado for serving. You could also try refried beans versus the rice but I'm thinking the rice would give better texture with the mushrooms.
Oh Brian......You know Robert gonna hit you with something good!
We can hope my friend. Sounds pretty good to me :emoji_wink:

Robert

Reactions: babydocsmoke
Damn you Brian. You actually made me stop and think on a Saturday. You should be ashamed of yourself :emoji_laughing: Consider this...or possibly a variation thereof. Mix up some cooked chorizo and Mexican rice. Stuff the mushrooms with that then top with lightly sauteed jalapenos and onions. Add a bunch of nice melting Mexican cheese on top and grill till the cheese has melted. Top with fresh avocado for serving. You could also try refried beans versus the rice but I'm thinking the rice would give better texture with the mushrooms.

Robert
Dang! Now you got me thinking of a trip to the grocery store. That sounds great!

Jim

Dang! Now you got me thinking of a trip to the grocery store. That sounds great!
See? Making me think on a Saturday can be a dangerous thing. It does sound pretty good though, doesn't it? Now you got me thinking about a trip to the new brew pub that just opened here in town :emoji_laughing: I have no idea what one has to do with the other, but it has me thinking.

Robert

If they are large and whole turn them cap side down, break off the stem and pour a little Maderia in them. Let them sit for a while you make Bistec Encebollado (Mexican-Style Steak and Onions) Put it on top and dribble on some gorgonzola or bleu cheese crumbles.. Cook until the mushrooms start to shrink and serve.

Reactions: JLeonard

Robert
You got me thinking now. I can use my soy beans to make a low carb re-fried beans. Maybe use your taco seasoning and go some kind of taco route. Going to do tomorrow.

flatbroke flatbroke seems to have some good shoom creations and I think he knows a few Mexicans so maybe he has a good recipe

Dang! Now you got me thinking of a trip to the grocery store.
And the verdict is???
flatbroke flatbroke seems to have some good shoom creations and I think he knows a few Mexicans so maybe he has a good recipe
Excellent point Perach. I had forgotten about all the amazing stuff flatbroke flatbroke has posted recently utilizing mushrooms.
Open the trash can and insert mushrooms.
Hmmmm.... I believe he was looking for more epic ideas than this :emoji_laughing: Tracy would love your idea though.
I can use my soy beans to make a low carb re-fried beans. Maybe use your taco seasoning and go some kind of taco route. Going to do tomorrow.
Now that sounds like it could work out really well. Please post up whatever you decide to do. You've got me thinking about something really interesting and different for this evening.
I believe I missed this the first time around but that is pure top shelf right there!! A great concept for next time we have company who likes mushrooms....which Tracy does not unfortunately.

Robert

Now that sounds like it could work out really well. Please post up whatever you decide to do. You've got me thinking about something really interesting and different for this evening.
Kind of lost my steam. Gretchen had an abscess burst and smells really bad this morning. Get her in to vet in morning. She also has degenerative myelopathy which is really bad. Think she getting down to weeks now. Tough times.

• Sad
Reactions: Steve H
Kind of lost my steam. Gretchen had an abscess burst and smells really bad this morning. Get her in to vet in morning. She also has degenerative myelopathy which is really bad. Think she getting down to weeks now. Tough times.
Sorry to hear that, Brian.

I have a couple Portobello Mushrooms I need to use up. Anyone have any recipes want to share. Wondering if I can do something Mexican tx smoker tx smoker ?
Hi Brian, I simply rub portobello with olive oil, garlic granules, salt, and black pepper....But I put spiced rum soaked hickory chips in my smoker box. Out of this world!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky