Stuffed Poblano Peppers

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Chris_in_SoCal

Master of the Pit
Original poster
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Feb 18, 2012
SCV - So Cal
This started out fun using my new grill gun for the first time to quickly roast the poblano peppers. I then put them in a plastic bag to sweat for a while before skinning them.

stuffed_poblano_001.jpg

Next for the stuffing mix (enough for 5-6 peppers).
5 red potatoes boiled
5 bacon pieces cooked very crispy then crumbled
1/4 red bell pepper chopped and sauteed
1/4 white onion chopped and sauteed
1/4 cup cilantro chopped
4 oz cream cheese
4 oz sour cream
4 oz shredded sharp cheddar cheese
2 tablespoons kinder all purpose rub
2 tablespoons dried basil leaves

stuffed_poblano_002.jpg

I cut the peppers with a large T shape cut, removed the seeds, stuffed and used a toothpick to hold them closed. I added a bit more cheese on top. Then into the smoker at 250* for 30 minutes. Everything is cooked except the peppers at this point. At the end I hit them with the grill gun again to give the cheese a little color.

stuffed_poblano_003.jpg

Plated with something fresh to go with it.

stuffed_poblano_004.jpg

Just a funny note on the first picture. It looks like I am pointing the grill gun at the peppers and it is not running. It definitely was. During the day you cannot see the flame at all but it sounds like a jet engine. It's almost scary how loud it is. Here is a picture from a few nights ago for anyone who didn't see it.

sondiko_003.jpg

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky