Stick Burner Virgin Question

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Hablützel

Original poster
Oct 22, 2018
Northern Ohio
I want to pull the trigger on a new Lang. Just wanted to know how many Lang owners (or owners of stick burners with a warmer box) find the warmer box worth the added cost. I have never owned or used a stick burner. In the past, I have done all my smoking on a WSM and MES.
Thanks for your input!

No. But its very heavy duty built. I never used mine yet for warming. But its a nice storage spot. I got my lang 84 used years ago so I had no options to choose. But its a awesome smoker for sure. The double gas burners would be nice.

I do all my catering with an 84D, the warmer box on the 84 holds full size 21" foil or hotel pans and works great. If your looking at a smaller unit you may want to consider buying Cambro's to hold food in as anything smaller in the Lang line up won't hold full size pans.

You can order additional racks and slides in the 84 or 108 warmer to make it a little more versatile, gives the ability to change rack spacing etc. it's worth doing.

I want to pull the trigger on a new Lang. Just wanted to know how many Lang owners (or owners of stick burners with a warmer box) find the warmer box worth the added cost. I have never owned or used a stick burner. In the past, I have done all my smoking on a WSM and MES.
Thanks for your input!
I recently bought a used Lang 36 hybrid deluxe. I was originally just going to buy a new 36 but I found a great deal the hybrid deluxe paying less than a new 36 patio. Bottom line I only got the warmer because it was such a good deal. I've only cooked on it twice but I ended up using the warmer both times. Whether you get the warmer or not you'll love the Lang. It's super easy to manage temps and works exactly as they promise.

Personally I didn't get the warmer box on my Lang, cause it's always used at home, so if I need to keep something warm, the oven is just a few steps away. The nice thing about not having the warmer on the firebox is you can use the top of the firebox as a stove. I cook on it all the time with a CI pan!
8-14-16 5.JPG

Al

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky