Advice on new OC Pecos buy🙏

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

texasfungi

Original poster
Feb 15, 2024
Columbus, GA
Just bought a brand new OC Pecos. I've been smoking briskets for a few years, but alway bought a used stick burner. I have a few questions..
-best way to burn it out/clean off manufacturing grease before first food use
-how to easily break off that baffle directing the smoke down from the fire box
-plan on buying a stack extension (exhaust pipe from home depot) was thinking 24" addition. Smoke stack is 5.25 inches in diameter on the inside. Any help on securing it. Used auto exhaust tape previously..
-pretty warm here in Georgia, what's y'alls thought on lining the fire box with fire bricks?
THANKS IN ADVANCE FOR ANY HELP!
20240215_085855.jpg

Welcome Home, I think id hold off breaking anything till you run it some, it will get to hot near the fire box, fire it up run it a couple hours at different temps wash the grates and have at it

Welcome neighbor to SMF from SE GA !
I agree with Mike to use it is then determine if you want/need to make any mods. Use a couple of temp probes to measure several areas of the grate.

Build up a good fire and do a burnoff to remove any excess and get to smokin'!

Google luck and post up some picks of your Que !

Keith

Reactions: Smokin Okie
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky