Spares at 9 *f

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Colin1230

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Jan 18, 2021
Merriam, KS
1000000739.jpg

Ready to go on.
1000000737.jpg

I'll be checking on them in a couple of hours.

1000000741.jpg

Just checked on them before going to the grocery store, mama has meals planned.

1000000740.jpg

About two hours in. Nothing to brag about. I have a kielbasa to throw on when we get back from the store.

Great looking ribs!
How are you liking the dripz tub? I am debating getting one.

Jim
I really like it, Jim. It makes cleanup a lot easier. I don't have rub going everywhere. It is especially nice for butts, you can really roll them around in there.

Eww, 9 degrees? I just posted complaining about high 20s to low 30s!

I'm in to see how this turns out, I'm betting most awesome it shall be!
27 for a high here in the Memphis area today. Ugh! Lows back in the single digits the next couple nights then 50s and 60s next week!

Jim

Reactions: Colin1230
Well, I finally got them done, a little too much maybe. Almost fall off the bone. Here is what I did; rub was Jeff's Original, first two hours at 200*, Almost three hours at 250*, occasional spritz with apple juice. No wrapping.
1000000743.jpg

1000000747.jpg

And a plate shot.
1000000748.jpg

Sausage got a little sear on the stove. Pasta was Knorr's Four Cheese and finished with a simple tossed salad.
The wife really liked the ribs with Jeff's rub being lower sodium and I agree, they were really good.

I see no issues here at all! Great pictures and they show a great meal!

I'm babysitting a pit and eating cold sausage, you've made me quite jealous! Nice work!
Thanks CB, much appreciated.

Looks great to me... good looking plate of food! Wanted to cold smoke some bacon tomorrow but - 25 tonight so maybe wait lol. Croutons make a salad so much better!

Ryan

Looks Fantastic Colin . I was wondering if you got them cooked . Just went out to check the mail , and it's damn cold over here .
Nice cook bud .

I did a couple racks of ribs last week in my smok-it 2. Put them in late afternoon for smoke, but as the temp got down to about 10, pulled them out and finished them off in the oven. Still great. I second that if the wind is not over about 5mph, my hot tub is great down to zero or so as long as your heater can keep up. Wind becomes a factor when your ears start getting cold as the steam freezes in your hair. Ha Thanks for sharing.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky