SOUS VIDE PASTRAMI, A FIRST FOR ME!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Al that looks great! I don't have enough room for any more toys LOL Points

Richie 
Thanks Richie!

It's such a little toy!

You could keep it under the couch!

Al
oh, I'm so tyring this.
drool.gif
Yes you must!

Al
That looks incredible!

Here, the whole time I thought an SV machine was the size of a huge crockpot, or something else that I have no room for...but instead something that you could submerse in your own cookware?

It's got my interest, now I need to research this.
Thank you!

That's exactly what I thought too.

And just like you I researched it for quite a while before I decided to get one.

Al

That looks Delish!  thanks for sharing.   I have a Anova and that is just added to the to-do list!
Thanks Ben!

Good luck with your pastrami!

Al
Put that on the to do list...I have a s.v. coming for christmas can't wait to experiment.
Hey Murray the first thing I SV'd was a couple of eggs, just to see how the machine worked.

I was hooked from then.

All I could think about was SVing a pastrami.

Now all I can think about is lobster & steak.

Al

Al

looks very good.
Thanks Rick!

With all your toys, I'm surprised you don't have one of these!

Al

Great job Al,

Isn't it refreshing when all the hype of something is found to be true?
Thanks SQWIB,

Yes it was refreshing to buy something very new to me & have it perform way better than I could have imagined.

Al
Looks great al! Would go great with some homemade sauerkraut!

Point!
Thanks Case!

If you lived closer I'd bring the pastrami & we could have some of your homemade sauerkraut to go with it!

Al

I also use my sous vide to re-heat all my vacuum-sealed smoked meats.  Everyone always asks how to reheat leftover smoked meats...and it's almost universal to say "no microwave"...but now I just say to use a sous vide, and leftovers rock!
I hadn't thought of that, and it sounds like a great way to re-heat leftovers.

I think the SV is going to have a permanent place on the kitchen counter.

Al
That looks incredible Al! It is hard to wrap your head around having tender Brisket at anything under 190 or so. Santa may be bringing me one of these gadgets as well. We shall see!
Thanks Chris!

I'm having a hard time wrapping my head around the whole concept of SV.

But it's hard to argue with the results.

Al
Awesome thread Al, that looks outstanding! I've been seriously thinkin of getting one of those sous vide units, you just may have convinced me to order one soon!
Thanks Justin!

I can guarantee you that you will not regret getting one.

Al

Thanks Disco!!!! Now here's Another toy I gotta have...
Lol. Points to you for a beautiful product and taking a leap of faith

Thanks Disco!!!! Now here's Another toy I gotta have...
Lol. Points to you for a beautiful product and taking a leap of faith
Thank you my friend!

We must have our toys!

Al
Looks fantastic! Never knew how these sv units worked. Thanks for the great thread al!
Thanks Jay!

I appreciate it!

Al

Wow! That looks great Al, I have got to get one of those. Looked at one for $200 at a kitchen store neer my house and and another one at another store around here with wifi for $167 the one for $200 was 1200w with no wifi and the one for $167 was 900w I think the higher watts are more valuable than the wifi but wouldn't mind having both. High watts and wifi in one unit. I am going to get one do you have any suggestions about what to look for or what to avoid?

Randy,

Great Idea with the Pastrami, Al!
I've had my ANOVA for a month and am already in love with it! It's so simple to use it's hard to believe.
Just did a Flatiron steak Sunday to die for (I set off the smoke alarm searing, though LOL).
I did some Brussel's Sprouts with butter to try it out and I was hooked.
Now I can't wait for warmer weather to try Pastrami!

:points:

Dan

( Hey, tropics; The box it comes in measures 15"x9"x4". You could keep it in your sock drawer if you lose the box [emoji]128522[/emoji])

Wow! That looks great Al, I have got to get one of those. Looked at one for $200 at a kitchen store neer my house and and another one at another store around here with wifi for $167 the one for $200 was 1200w with no wifi and the one for $167 was 900w I think the higher watts are more valuable than the wifi but wouldn't mind having both. High watts and wifi in one unit. I am going to get one do you have any suggestions about what to look for or what to avoid?

Randy,
Thanks Randy!

I'm with you on the higher watts being more necessary than the WiFi.

The WiFi is cool & the app for my phone is nice too, but really do I need to turn the thing on while I'm at Walmart.

You can check the temp & time remaining while away from the house.

But the reality is once you set it up, there is nothing to do until it's done.

The quality of the one I bought seems to be very high, but time will tell.

Al
Great Idea with the Pastrami, Al!
I've had my ANOVA for a month and am already in love with it! It's so simple to use it's hard to believe.
Just did a Flatiron steak Sunday to die for (I set off the smoke alarm searing, though LOL).
I did some Brussel's Sprouts with butter to try it out and I was hooked.
Now I can't wait for warmer weather to try Pastrami!

points.gif

Dan

( Hey, tropics; The box it comes in measures 15"x9"x4". You could keep it in your sock drawer if you lose the box [emoji]128522[/emoji])
Thanks Dan!

I haven't been this excited about anything, since I bought my first smoker.

There are just so many possibilities.

Al

Thanks Al.
Is yours wifi? What's the wattage? Does it heat up fast?

Randy,
Hey Randy,

Yes it's WiFi.

It's 1200 watts.

And yes it heats up quickly.

The big pot I had the pastrami in took about 5 minutes to get up to 155.

I paid $119 for it on Amazon with free shipping & no tax.

I have Amazon Prime so it was 2 day free shipping.

Al

Nice !!  Looks Great  I could stand a big ole sandwich   
drool.gif

points1.png

Gary

I still haven't told the boss that I bought on.
[emoji]128517[/emoji]
She will love you for it!

I guarantee it!

I just did a couple of lobster tails in it last night.

Judy wanted half of mine too!

You just can't go wrong with these things!

Al

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky