Sous Vide Chuck

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Scott Eisenbraun

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
Sep 30, 2018
Bismarck ND
Got a new toy yesterday. Doing an 18 hr chuck roast Sous Vide. So many of you recommend the method, I had to try. Was frozen when I put it in. Used olive oil, salt, pepper, garlic, and a couple rosemary sprigs from garden. Will sear off on the Yoder tonight. More pics to follow.

Attachments

• 20181025_231326[95].jpg
    20181025_231326[95].jpg
    107.3 KB · Views: 33
Watching. I am finding the hardest part of sous vide cooking is deciding on a time frame. The recommendations are all over the map.

. Doing an 18 hr chuck roast Sous Vide.
Scott your're gonna love that thing . MY opinion ,, 18 hrs at 162 on a chuck is to short for my taste . I know that's what the web sites say . Bear has alot of results in his step's info . I find thats a better place to start . Did a chuck last week end . 160 for 24 hours great roast beef . 132 for 24 hours , comes out like prime rib .

I am finding the hardest part of sous vide cooking is deciding on a time frame. The recommendations are all over the map.
Agree . I think you have to be careful what you read on some of the sites , and apply some of what you all ready know .

Scott your're gonna love that thing . MY opinion ,, 18 hrs at 162 on a chuck is to short for my taste . I know that's what the web sites say . Bear has alot of results in his step's info . I find thats a better place to start . Did a chuck last week end . 160 for 24 hours great roast beef . 132 for 24 hours , comes out like prime rib .

Agree . I think you have to be careful what you read on some of the sites , and apply some of what you all ready know .

I should have explained the cook a little better. I have the machine set at 135f. The time left on the cook is showing 16hrs and 20min at the time of the photo. Sear for 2min each side just before serving. Hoping for med rare. I did research our forums and Youtube and 18 hours falls somewhere in the middle. Fingers crossed.

My bad , mis read ( or can't see ) 132 is good temp for what you are shooting for . If 18 hours is to short go longer next time . Let us know .

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky