Sous Vide Chuck Eye

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

mr_whipple

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Jul 3, 2021
Virginia
I came across these the other day scanning for manager specials or sales at the Harris Teeter meat section...full price is way too high there. I instantly recalled Retired Spook Retired Spook post about chuck eye and I was intrigued because I've never had one before. Decided to sous vide them.

20230930_150517.jpg

Vac sealed with simple salt and fresh ground peppercorn melange. Ran them at 130 for 2 hours and 45 minutes.

20230930_151407.jpg

Into the CI on the gasser for a minute or so on each side.

20230930_181328.jpg

These took a quick rest on the stove top.

20230930_181514.jpg

Apparently I took zero cut or plate pics, my bad. However, I did slice some this morning for the dogs and a few quick tacos to start the day.

20231001_063710.jpg

All in all an awesome tender beefy tasting cut. I don't know if the SV made a difference in texture as I've never cooked them before, but I will be doing this again and again. Thanks for looking!

Looks Mighty good from here. And I also like to peruse the ,
marked down meats sections. Sometimes you find a diamond of a deal in there!

Jim

Looks Mighty good from here. And I also like to peruse the ,
marked down meats sections. Sometimes you find a diamond of a deal in there!

Jim
Although not marked down, I did find it looking. Seriously good chow.

That looks great. Thanks for sharing! I had a crappy first go at the SV a couple weeks back. Gonna have to try again!!

Looks like a great meal to me. Nicely done Mr. W.

Point for sure
Chris

That looks great. Thanks for sharing! I had a crappy first go at the SV a couple weeks back. Gonna have to try again!!
Yep.. don't let one bad experience set you back. I'm still playing around with mine. Lots of things to try.
Looks like a great meal to me. Nicely done Mr. W.

Point for sure
Chris
Thanks!
They sure look juicy.
Yep. And tender. I had the last of it for breakfast this morning.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky