Some More Vortex Ribs

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

BrianGSDTexoma

Smoking Guru
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Aug 1, 2018
North Texas, Texoma
Got home from river and decided to do ribs. Threw some frozen St Louis ribs in sink full of water and 15 minutes later they thawed. Sliced them up and seasoned with Atkins. Let sit in fridge for couple hours. Fired up kettle. This was the first time using B&B. They took about 3 times as long to get going as kingsford but looks like they going to burn a lot longer. Went 30 minutes and flipped. Then 25 minutes. Ribs Temp about 200. Tossed with sauce in bowl and put back on. Went 10 more minutes. These where the best yet. The left overs even good cold out of fridge.

20230923_160024.jpg 20230923_173231.jpg

20230923_174511.jpg 20230923_175708.jpg

Looks delicious Brian. I have to try smoking or grilling single ribs. I keep saying that but never do it. Next time for sure!
Al

Nice looking ribs Brian. I have to give this a try.

Point for sure
Chris

Got home from river and decided to do ribs. Threw some frozen St Louis ribs in sink full of water and 15 minutes later they thawed. Sliced them up and seasoned with Atkins. Let sit in fridge for couple hours. Fired up kettle. This was the first time using B&B. They took about 3 times as long to get going as kingsford but looks like they going to burn a lot longer. Went 30 minutes and flipped. Then 25 minutes. Ribs Temp about 200. Tossed with sauce in bowl and put back on. Went 10 more minutes. These where the best yet.
When I am cooking ribs for a group of people I usually cook them as doubles. With 2 they get done faster and get smoke on more sides.

Thanks Brian!
I now know what I'll be doing this Friday night!
Some coleslaw, a couple Miller High Life beers and some good tunes.
Life is good!:emoji_thumbsup:

Looks good. Alot faster then a rack or ribs. Would be good for a after work cook

Man these where so good. The left overs next day right out of fridge are so good. You will chew the bone clean. Those crispy edges of goodness. I not normally a sauce guy but it is really good like this. Cooking these a little bit longer really made the difference.

Looks delicious Brian. I have to try smoking or grilling single ribs. I keep saying that but never do it. Next time for sure!
Al
Thanks Al. I think you will like them. David smokes them like that but I have not tried that yet. This about the only way I do ribs anymore.
Looks good, I never thought of trying to cook them that way.
Thanks. The vortex is such a great tool.
Nice looking ribs Brian. I have to give this a try.

Point for sure
Chris
Thanks Chris. Think you will like. That vortex really makes that BBQ sauce perfect!
Well that's an approach worth trying. They do look very good Brian!
Thats Matt. Go for it.
When I am cooking ribs for a group of people I usually cook them as doubles. With 2 they get done faster and get smoke on more sides.
More smoke and rub.
Looks good. I’d take a plate.
Jim
Thanks Jim.
Thanks Brian!
I now know what I'll be doing this Friday night!
Some coleslaw, a couple Miller High Life beers and some good tunes.
Life is good!:emoji_thumbsup:
Thanks. Let me know what you think.
Looks good. Alot faster then a rack or ribs. Would be good for a after work cook
Thanks Adam. Give them a try.
Looks great Brian, and you know me , ribs anytime is a good time

And singles have so much more flavour in my mind

David
Thanks David. I have yet to smoke them like this. I really like them with the Vortex. Get those crispy bits and the sauce sets up great.

Reactions: DRKsmoking
Those ribs look great Brian. I've never done them as singles but you have me thinking now. I can't help but think you'd get a ton more flavor doing them this way than as a whole rack. Very nice my friend!!

Robert

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky