Some Baby Backs and a fatty

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

smokedreb

Smoke Blower
Original poster
Aug 2, 2012
Great Falls, MT
So this weekend I tried 3 new things when I smoked: I used my new charcoal basket made out of expanded steel, I used lump charcoal until yesterday I had always used Kingsford briquettes and normally I smoke Spare Ribs cut St. Louis but I smoked Baby Back Ribs instead. The results were amazing, I did the complete 2-2-1 method and the ribs weren’t completely fall off the bone but with any biting and pulling they would come apart pretty easily. I also smoked a fatty for the first time; I used ground sausage, pepper jack cheese, jalapeno peppers, red bell peppers and diced onions. The consensus was that the fatty was good but not great. Are they supposed to taste like meatloaf?

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky